About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Back Home!

 Well, we made it back home safe and sound.  And for those who were worried about poor Willow, she is feeling much better.  She even hopped into the car while we were unloading it.  I think she was on the mend before we left because she had been out "exploring" something..........

Why she has to "explore" with the top of her head, ears, and all the way up to her armpits is beyond me.


Since she had a cold, we didn't want to give her a bath, so we just waited for the mud to dry really well, and then brushed it out of her.


She was definitely starting to feel like her playful self again........


She even trapped Esme in the bathroom with me.


Esme has taken to hiding out in Sarah's room when I am in the sewing room.  That way she knows if I head downstairs and she can trail behind in her "puppy" way.


So, we had a wonderful time on our trip.  I delivered 6 quilted items to my mom so she has plenty of binding work to do now.  David and I stopped at Cuts and Bolts in Chillicothe on the way up.  I was a little embarrassed to walk in at 4:55pm when they were getting ready to close up, but they didn't seem to mind.  I found a backing for Carmyn's quilt, and cleaned a bolt of black fabric up for them (I always try to  help out by cleaning off a slim bolt!), and a cute fat quarter that I just WANTED.  The black and backing were NEEDS.

It was a 2 day track meet (more on the track meet in the next post), so the evening of the first day we went to Joanns and Bed, Bath and Beyond before enjoying dinner at the Olive Garden......chosen by our track star and his friend who joined us.  I stocked up on rotary cutting blades, sewing machine needles,  and picked up a pillow form I needed.  At Bed, Bath, and Beyond I found a curtain rod and curtain clips to hang quilts in the hallway.............


This set up will allow me to hang a variety of different sizes of quilts.  I started with my Farm Girl Challenge quilt from last year.  You can see that it has been folded up for awhile.


After Carter was finished on Friday, we headed for home, but found the quilt shop we had tried to visit last year only to find it closed.  Lulijunie's is located just outside of Cedar Falls.  The sign said it was open on Thursdays and Saturdays.  It was FRIDAY, but she was there so I poked my head in and she said it was fine to come in.  It's a small shop but full of Civil War and some 30's fabrics.  I selected 2 reds from the sale bin.  They will be "auditioning" as binding for my spool quilt when it gets quilted.

We finished our journey home this morning with a stop at H&M in Jamesport to pick up some spices and oatmeal, and somehow candy made it into the bag.  Over breakfast at my parents' house, they wanted to know what we were looking for and I said free pets, of course.  The Amish usually have some in cages in the yard.  My dad thought it would be too cold for them to be out and I said they would probably have them in the store.

We were searching for the items on my list when I was sure I heard a "Meow".  David told me it was just a door squeaking, but he was WRONG!

These 2 looked like the most playful things ever.  I texted this photo to my dad and he asked which one I got.  My response, "Well, I couldn't take one and leave one all by itself."  So, they are both still there.  I think 2 cats are probably enough for this house.

Things are unpacked, laundry started, and I baked a chocolate oatmeal cake...........because I couldn't quite fit all the bag of oatmeal from the Amish store into my container until I used a cup of it in the cake.  I just couldn't have the little bit left in the bag!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment