About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, January 27, 2022

From the Sewing Room........

 

I have been working on a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Bitcoin.  It uses 1.5" strips that are sewn together in pairs and then cut apart and resewn to make ladders.  It's a great way to use up scraps.......anything goes!  I have been working on these in between other things and have decided to put 80 coins in each ladder and try to get 35 or so ladders.  This would make the quilt 70" x 80".  I finished 6 more ladders and I think that makes my total ladders about 16.  I hang them in the TBQ closet when they are done.  Esme loves to play with them, so the closet is a good place to keep them away from her.

She has found a new napping place in the sewing room, on this quilt that is folded by the machine waiting for it's binding to be sewn on.  I was about to attempt to steal the quilt and sew the binding on...


So, that hasn't happened yet.  I'll have to be sneaky and get it done when she's not looking.

And for those who are wondering about Cici because she hasn't been pictured in the blog lately.........


She is more active than ever.  I think she is the instigator in several of the things that Esme gets in trouble for.  What are older siblings for!  She is not much for having her photo taken, so she's happy to have Esme share the load of creating blog-worthy photos.

Some hand sewing has happened.  These 2 table runners are complete...........2 UFO's to check off the list!  They are the same pattern from the Table Runner Bliss book.  One is done in Christmas colors and one for Halloween.



And, embroidery for another block for the Appalachian Memories quilt was completed, pressed, and trimmed!

So now there are 9 blocks completed.  Only 3 to go.........OR............we could just stop at 9.


But I really like the 3 remaining block patterns, so I'll probably stick it out and finish.


I'll have to set up the light and clear plastic tub to get another block traced to work on soon.

Christi


1 comment:

  1. Yes! You should finish those last three blocks definitely. It'll be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete