About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas at The Vaile Mansion


 We 3 took a Sunday afternoon drive to Independence to tour the Vaile Mansion all decorated for Christmas.  This was a place I didn't even know existed until I was looking through one of the publications we advertise in at the museum.  It was built around 1881.  

Every year, they do a special holiday theme in their decorating.  This year was dressy victorian.  I was a little afraid Sarah might vomit at all the ornate pink stuff, but she made it through.  I think the stories of the home's "interesting" history as a sanitorium and other stuff might have made up for the "pinkness".

Anyway, enjoy the parade of photos!


The entry way



Sitting room




Most of the ceilings have been restored to the original painting.





We made our way upstairs.............they were very creaky........no sneaking in late!









It was a fun tour, lasting just over an hour.  The mansion is on the national historic register.  Also, it's apparently haunted.  Ghost hunters come in on occasion with a bunch of sensors and equipment to try and get photos of the "spirits".  They showed us one of the photos.  Looked like a smudge to me, but what do I know.

Merry Christmas!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment