About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Dog and Cat Friends? (and a little more basketball)

Esme has been getting along swimmingly with Cici and now that Sarah is here with her cat Dory, all 3 seem to be doing well together.  I fear Willow is feeling left out of the playtime.  This afternoon, she spent quite awhile trying to make friends with Esme.  She has learned that sudden movements like jumping up into the window seat can earn her a sharp swipe across the nose.  Here she is trying to climb gently into the window seat without jumping.

And she made it!

Maybe if she doesn't look directly at Esme, she won't get caught inching closer..........

and closer............again, don't look it directly in the eye!


Look Mom, my paws are touching her pillow!


 This didn't last long..........Willow is not one to be that calm and quiet for too long.  Not long after this photo, she gave up and leaped out of the window seat, taking cushions and Esme down with her!  

Oh well, it was a nice try!

And for those missing those basketball reports, we did attend another basketball game in person last Thursday evening.  We didn't have to travel nearly as far to see one of my piano students play ball.  Kyle is a sophomore and a starter.  He was the tallest kid on the floor and a really good player.  




He's almost as good at basketball as he is at piano.  I didn't figure he would pose for photos after the game like Jackson does, so I snuck in a few shots during the game.  

We've been listening to Jackson's games on the radio while sewing.  When I say "we" I mean Esme and me.  

All of that basketball can really wear a kitten out!

David had his new mini excavator out one day last week.  He had lots of fun with Willow and Kinze.  


It can really wear a dog out!

The only thing that can break this pose is a cat trying to sneak across the room.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment