About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Inching closer to Christmas!


 Sarah made her way home last Saturday - my birthday, one week before Christmas.  She stopped off in Columbia on the way to see her cousin Elliott's new baby, Miles.  Miles was born Dec. 3rd.  I haven't seen him yet, but Sarah's says he's a cutie!  She was impressed with how much hair he has and that she finger combed it into all sorts of styles and he just slept in her arms.  David will get to see him after Christmas when he has a meeting in Columbia.  

I had to forego a day of longarm quilting last week due to the high winds.  The power kept blinking and I definitely don't turn the longarm on when that is happening.  It blinked so much I didn't even turn on the regular sewing machines.  So, what to do?.............

Obviously it was time to make the Saran Wrap ball for one of our Christmas games.  We aren't exchanging gifts on my side this year, just playing some fun games.  I am the GAME MASTER this year, so have 3 fun games to play.  My Saran Wrap ball weighed in at 4.25 pounds!  

What would I have been working on that day in the sewing room?  

Turning this Snoopy panel into a throw quilt.  I did get it pieced and it's loaded on the longarm, but I'm not in a great rush to get it finished since I ordered a different gift for this person for Christmas..........

This arrived in the mail yesterday.  An old record painted by Hannah, my cousin's daughter.  I think this is so cute and definitely a unique gift.  I can't wait to gift it!  And that means that I am way ahead of the game on a cute Snoopy throw quilt for next Christmas!

On Sunday, we went to the KC area to see the Vaile Mansion all decorated for Christmas.  We had some time to kill, so went to Independence Center...............not really needing a thing.  It had sure changed since the last time we were there.......so long ago, I can't remember for sure when it was.  We wandered into this carhartt store - new to us!  

I took this photo and was going to text it to my sister.  That's when I saw her photo text of bricks of cream cheese with different seasonings on them on their smoker.  My response, "Don't you know there's a cream cheese shortage and here you are smoking the stuff!"  

I then sent her the picture and told her we were in the carhartt store, and my phone rang so fast I jumped.  It was Deb.  "Can you pick up a coat for Jackson for Christmas?"  So, we did a little Christmas shopping after all.  We bought the only size-large-black-with-a-hood coat in the store.  The guy working asked where we found it, and I showed him.  He asked if I wanted to start working there because he could have sold that coat several times that day if he had known where to find it.  

So, gifts are wrapped, some even gifted already.  We're heading in the home stretch for Christmas.  The next blog will feature all the beautiful photos I took on the mansion tour, so stay tuned for that one!

Christi

p.s.  I also made peanut brittle last night, only used cashews instead of peanuts.  Turned out pretty good, and David got in on the action because it required a hammer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment