About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Weekend Notes

So let me start out by saying that the activities in this post are from 2 weekends ago...........

The hubster and I traveled to Bethany and then on to Osceola, IA to see Jackson's last regular season football game.  And all of the Nielson girl cousins were there!  And  couple of them really hate photos, so you should really enjoy this because it probably won't happen again anytime soon.


And then for the "after the game sweaty ball player" photos..............


And Grandpa Barber thought he had to be funny with the rabbit ears.  Jackson is definitely the tallest person in the family.



 So for those wondering about the outcome of the game, it was another big win with several Morton touchdowns.  They have now won their first game of postseason play and are set to play again this coming Friday evening at home.  I'll be listening on the radio and spending some time sewing.

Prior to leaving for the game on Friday, I started a new project Thursday afternoon at 3 pm.  And by started, I mean I started looking through patterns, and then through fabric bins, and then cutting the fabric and sewing it together Thursday evening so that I could quilt it Friday morning before we left and have it to take with me to do the hand sewing on the binding in the car.


And the finish photo was taken on my mom's counter before we left for the game on Friday.  And when we got home Saturday, I found a box, wrapped it, and it was given to this wonderful couple whose outdoor wedding we attended Saturday afternoon.............(yes, the table runner might have still had some smoke coming from it it was such a fast sew!)


It was a gorgeous, if sometimes breezy, wedding.  We sat on covered straw bales for the ceremony and then moved into the shop for the reception.


The leaves are starting to turn colors and fall from the trees.............

These leaves will finish at 3" in whatever project they end up in.  Shelly Pagliai offered this project on her blog, and you know I couldn't resist.  I think I have over 20 with enough cut for a total of 39.........weird number, I know.  She gave some different ideas for setting them together, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.  

And for your "animal photo" today, I was walking past Sarah's room last week and noticed something on the floor.  Upon inspection, it was this guy.........


This guy is from Sarah's collection, and I thought she had moved them all to the closet to protect them from the wild feline and canine creatures who sometimes wonder into her room.  Then I remembered that I had let the bug guy into her closet to reach the attic access and I must have forgotten to close the door all the way.  This poor guy had paws that were crunchy with dried saliva.  I'm blaming the wild feline since I'm sure the wild canine would have done a bit more damage.  

I gave his paws a good scrubbing and left him out to air dry.


He looks pretty relaxed here doesn't he?  Of course, it was piano day, so all the piano students had to ask about the poor guy.  I told them not to tell Sarah.  He cleaned up well, so she'll never know.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment