About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, November 8, 2021

Another catch up blog

I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged.  Yes, a lot has happened, some good and some bad.  Let's just focus on the good (mostly).

Good - 

We had lunch at D. Rowe's in Columbia at the end of October to celebrate David's parents 70th Wedding Anniversary.  Yes, that's right!  70 Years!  As we were leaving, someone noticed Rosie with the balloon that had 70 on it and commented on how good she looked for being 70 years old.  Her sons corrected the onlooker and informed them that it was for 70 years of being married and that Lloyd was 93 and Rosie 87.  


Sarah drove in from St. Louis to meet us for the event.  Afterward, she and her dad spent a little time catching up on the patio since he had only seen her for 15 minutes the last time she was in Marshall (he was in the field then).  

Good - 

It's turkey time!  I got this table runner quilted - Custom Quilting by little ole me!


It is pretty large and takes up most of the table.  The pattern is called "The Sky is Falling!"


I also finished my pumpkin quilt and a couple of pumpkin pillows which look great on my church pew.  One piano mom told me it looked like something from a magazine!  I'm really hoping to get a little turkey wall hanging done from matching fabric to hang above it.  I loaded it on the longarm last night, so we'll see how it goes!


Good - We went to St. Louis this weekend to see Sarah!

She took us to the zoo.  She really wanted us to see the new primate canopy trail.  We did see it, there just weren't any animals out that morning because it was cold.  My two engineers still spent quite a bit of time marveling at the structure.

Our favorite animal was the red panda!  He/she was very active that morning.



And what's not to love about a penguin or two or more!


And a couple of cats sleeping in the sun.

And hot cocoa!


Then we went to St. Charles to see the historic district.  This has been on my list ever since Sarah moved to St. Louis and I finally got my way and we went.  It was a beautiful day.  We had a delicious lunch.  I had a chicken, apple, bacon quesadilla (it also had monterey jack cheese) with a honey lime sour cream.  It was fabulous.  I didn't take a picture, but I was trying to memorize every bite so that I could recreate it at home.


We spent the rest of the afternoon looking in all the fun shops.  There were so many that we didn't even go into!  We all agreed that another trip there was a must.  I'm hoping Sarah might even go there again without us sometime.

I loved this sign outside one of the shops.........it's like those two jack-o-lanterns are laughing at all of us who aren't even close to being ready for Christmas ...........in less than 49 days now!

And now the BAD!

Bad- at least for the stuffed reindeer!

Bad - dirty puppy!



Really, really BAD!




Apparently Willow was very upset with us for being gone for 2 nights.  So, now neither dog has a dog bed.  If Willow can change her behavior, maybe Santa will bring beds for Christmas, but she's got less than 49 days to mend her wicked ways............I'm thinking it may be a lump of coal!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment