About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, October 1, 2021

Steak Dinner - NOT!

 I had planned a nice steak dinner for last night.  Potatoes baked in the oven while I had piano lessons and there were 2 big (almost 2" thick) rib eye steaks thawed and seasoned in the frig.  As lessons ended, I pulled them out and set them at the back of the counter to come to room temperature before grilling.  This is the first step in the technique that we learned from the Weber Grill Academy.  The wind suddenly picked up and we thought a storm was coming in.  David had just picked the 2 buckets of apples from one of our trees and we figured we had better get the other tree quickly picked before the storm blew them off.  Willow has been "harvesting" apples for us since the corn disappeared into the combine, so it needed to be done.  Of course, with a storm, Kenzie comes in the house to hide out in the basement.  In order to make the apple picking less of a traumatic event, I also shut Willow in the house.  We made short work of the picking, with David in the tree (yes, the ladder blew over), dropping them down to me.  I am sporting a very sore right pinky finger this morning due to a missed catch.  We quickly carried everything to the garage and I headed back inside.  All of a sudden I realized that Willow had been left inside (which made the apple harvest much quicker) and the steaks were on the counter (all the way to the back, of the counter though).  Well, needless to say, the only one of us who had a steak dinner last night was Willow (David is still trying to blame Cici somehow, but it's just not logical).  I came in to find Willow with her nose at the edge of the counter and NO steaks anywhere.  The only evidence of the crime (other than the empty plate), was a little blood pool on the throw rug, and the dish towel was on the floor, like she was trying to wipe away any signs of her actions.  So no steaks for us.  We threw a couple of pork burgers on the grill instead................and the winds dropped and we didn't even get a storm or any rain.  And no photos of any part of this - again, no evidence, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I did finish the binding on my Flea Market Mix quilt, and I got a Halloween wall hanging quilted and ready for the hand binding.




I quilted it with a Cobweb design...........


This is for Sarah.  There are a couple of places in her apartment where she could hang this.

And, I finally got a couple of throw pillows done for the new couch............


Maybe this will help the Chiefs on Sunday.  The gray pillow is made from one of my t-shirts that had a hole in it and the plaid is from some of that $1/yard fabric I bought at Joyce's last week.  It was one of the treasures I found in my digging.  

Well, it's a mostly sewing day!  Yea!!!!!  I am doing a couple of loads of laundry - gotta wash that bloody throw rug, and I'm putting some round steak in the crock pot for lunch........hopefully to actually get to eat this time!  Of course, there is a football game in Iowa (homecoming!) that I will listen to/watch this evening while doing some more sewing.

Have a great weekend!

Christi


1 comment:

  1. Two big ribeyes? I’m surprised she didn’t upchuck the evidence.

    ReplyDelete