About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Quilt Show

 Well, last week was spent mostly in preparation for the guild's annual (although it didn't happen last year due to Covid) quilt show in Arrow Rock at the heritage craft festival.  It was a beautiful weekend and there was a huge crowd.  After working my shifts, I went around and took photos of some of the quilts........

This was made by my friend Gina from leftover half square triangles.  I think this is a great use of scraps!

 
This was Becky's Ohio Star Flag............I think it placed second in its class.  Again, a nice use of scrap fabric!

This was Gina's again.  I have done some (not all) of these blocks to make a Halloween wall hanging.  I really like Gina's fabric choices.  This placed first in its class.

This was made by Mary for her grandsons who love dinosaurs.  My 24-year-old daughter still loves dinosaurs too and she voted for this one.

This flag quilt was made by Mary as well.  Compare her brighter fabric choices with my flag quilt a little further on in this blog post.
 

This was Mary's pineapple quilt made for a granddaughter.  I love the color placement.

This was mine.........I'd kinda forgotten about it as it was done in 2019 for the 2020 show which didn't happen.  Still really like this one.

There were several pumpkin quilts.  I think this was Mary's.  I really liked all of them.  I could make lots of pumpkin quilts.

This was Pam's goat.  She borrowed the pattern from me.  Cute, cute, cute!

This was Mary's crab quilt made for her granddaughter.  I probably would never make this, but it's sure cute!

And again, Mary's for another granddaughter...........again, just too cute!


This is my challenge from last year.  Lots of people commented on this one.

And here is my original design homespun leaves...........I love it, but it didn't get many votes.

This is Judy's Trail Mix quilt.


This is Carrie's quilt.  Adorable.  Sarah voted for this one because of the squirrels.

And Mary's Happy Houses............made me want to get my Christmas Village finished.

And my flag quilt done in darker homespuns........  still love this pattern.

This was Kris's Christmas alphabet quilt.  I think I have the pattern, but have never actually started it.

And another of Kris's quilts.............

Mary's granddaughter made this quilt as a 4-H project.  Love it!

And another pumpkin quilt.............but I don't remember whose it was.

And my Flea Market Mix, with the custom quilting...........  it got absolutely no votes, but I still love it!

And Mary's younger granddaughter made this one as a 4-H project.  Stunning!

Well, that's my wrap up from the quilt show.  The guild raised a lot of money through donations, raffle ticket sales, and the bazaar.  So, a very successful weekend.  And, it's only taken me a week of working on it to write this post!  

Christi


1 comment:

  1. I'm really surprised your maple leaf quilt didn't get many votes - it was one of my favorites. I love the colors and the way you put together the different sizes of blocks.

    ReplyDelete