About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, August 30, 2019

Football Night in America!!!!


 Maybe I should say it's "High School" Football Night at least in Iowa and Missouri!  And yes, I'm wearing my only Greene County Rams Football shirt today.  Maybe I'll get another one this year????  I'd like a red one so that I can combine my Greene County support with Chief's Wear Red Friday!


And I'm ready for some Friday night sewing!  I have the project all picked out.....
I'm planning to do this quilt called "Once Upon a Memory".  I had started cutting it last year and I pulled it back out  and finished the cutting this week so that it could be my Friday night Football project.

I may have to get this project finished up first...........
It's been "Under the Needle" for awhile now and I'm really wanting to see it completed.  And since I'm very tired of little 1.5" squares, I'm scared that if I put it aside, it might not get to see Halloween until next year.  Do you think fabric jack-o-lanterns can rot if kept too long?

I did take a break from little squares to put these together...........

This set of 6 placemats, napkins, and a wall hanging are going to be my sister's Christmas gift.  Everything is pieced, and the napkins are cut and just have to be serged.  Still have to cut binding (which will be the black stripe), backing and batting.  I thought they turned out pretty well.  The red and black fabrics were purchased on the "semi date" at the first quilt shop we stopped at.

And if you're worried that my sister might see her Christmas gift because of this blog post, worry not!  She doesn't have time to read it and today is the first home football game in which both of her boys, Carter Morton, Senior, and Jackson Morton, Sophomore, will be starting varsity together.  And her hubby is one of the assistant coaches, and she is the athletic trainer, so it will be a family affair on the field.  

Can't wait to listen tonight!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment