About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Dates and a Wedding!

The hub's oldest nephew, Elliott, got married in July this summer.
They had the ceremony in the historic Church of St. Mary on the Westminster campus in Fulton, MO.  The church is the site of the Churchill Memorial and the museum is in the basement.  
It was such a wonderful place to see and to have a wedding except for the fact that there was NO AIR CONDITIONING!  And this was a JULY wedding!  Even though it was a little sticky, it was fun.  And they did give out hand fans!

So, that takes care of the wedding part of this post, now for the dates!

We had a couple of family movie dates this summer.  The first was to see Aladdin and the second was THE LION KING!


The Lion King has long been DD's favorite movie.  We pretty much all have it memorized word for word.  The live action was so much fun!  Of course, we have also seen the Broadway adaptation a couple of times and nothing beats live music!

And The Hubs took me on a date recently.  He picked me up in the cab of the semi and we drove to Nevada, MO where he picked up the new (used) trailer he had purchased for it. 
On the way down, we stopped at a quilt shop along the way.
It was an interesting shop.  I picked up a couple of small pieces of fabric for a project for a Christmas gift.
Don't you love the candy vending machine full of spools!

Traveling through Warsaw on the way home, I pointed out At the Lake Quilt Shop.  Let me tell you, when you back your semi up to the quilt shop, they get a little excited!  Yes, I could have fit the entire contents of the store in my trailer and all I purchased was a pattern and a half yard of fabric!

They did give The Hubs directions to a good restaurant for lunch...........one with enough room for semi parking.  We had delicious catfish and hush puppies!

So, those were our summertime "dates".  We traditionally have a date on any Friday the 13th (in honor of our very first date which was a Friday the 13th), and there is one coming up in September!  Our date may be a trip to Iowa to see my nephews play football that evening.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment