About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wacky Wednesday

Yesterday was quite a day.  I didn't have to work, but managed to get my hair cut between storms in the morning, did major grocery shopping at Walmart (I just hate going there)

At least I didn't have to waste a lot of time choosing bananas as this was all they had....

And I simply chose not to purchase green onions because these were too wilted to even attempt to breathe life into!

I was looking for a couple of things DD wanted that her Walmart in Rolla didn't have, but there must have been a run on lasagna hamburger helper and Stouffer's chicken fettucini alfredo frozen meals because Marshall didn't have them either.  At least she has 2 other grocery stores to shop at.  I have set the limit of FIVE!  If there are FIVE things on my list that Walmart is out of, I simply leave my shopping cart, go to my car and drive to the little town of Slater and shop at their grocery store.  They usually have everything I need!

DD called us at lunch time to request a visit this weekend and for us to bring her a kitten for an "audition" to living at college.
Nemo (the orange one, just like in the movie) and Dory have been living with us all summer (outside mostly), and now Dory is going to go to college.  We'll see how she likes it.

I also got my dining room carpet restretched to get some of the big lumps and wrinkles out of it.  This meant moving all the dining room furniture out.  Fortunately, I don't have that much, but had to take all the china and glassware out of the corner cabinet.
It is really nice to have the carpet flat now.  I put everything back in the cabinet and cleaned and shined as I did it, so everything is just sparkling.  I really need to use the china more.  I have 4 sets that have been handed down.  Sarah is the only granddaughter, so we seem to get the dishes.  The only one she is really appreciative of is the blue willow, which has been used the most and has the most damage.  
Cici watched all the happenings.  After everything was back, she kept trying to roll around where the wrinkles had been.  She used to snuggle into them and now they're gone.  The table and chairs are even back to their straight position in front of her bay window.  I had angled them oddly to cover up one of the larger wrinkles.  I just told everyone I was trying fung shway.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment