About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Travel Time

We made the trip to Rolla on Saturday to visit DD.  
Actually, the trip was mostly to deliver this lovely lady, Dory.  Yes, Dory is going to college.  Nemo wasn't too sure about why he was left behind.  Dory didn't think a whole lot of the trip, and was very happy to be there and not in the carrier in the car.  I think things are working out.  We did get a frantic phone call at noon on Sunday to say that Dory had "disappeared".  After asking several questions, we suggested that DD search under her bed (which she says had already been done at least twice), so we suggested looking up under the box springs...............and, lo and behold, there was a small hole in the fabric, then a sneeze was heard from the box springs.............and, what do you know, there was Dory!  I'm pretty sure a lot of duck tape was used to block the hole!

We did get up to Bethany the last weekend in July..........once 41 Highway was finally open (we drove through water, so I don't know who "open" it really was).  We celebrated DD's 22nd birthday early since she was going to be in Utah the week of her birthday.
It was a lot of candles!

On the way up, we stopped at H&M Country Store in Jamesport.  There were a few seasonings and spices we needed.  They almost always have some type of small animal to sell or give away in the front yard..........this time was no exception.

This adorable little border collie - blue heeler mix was the last puppy in the pen.......marked down from $40 to $20!  Clearance Puppy!!!!  Now, I have been looking for a golden retriever puppy, and the mom of some of my piano students keeps sending me possibilities (way too expensive possibilities!).  So, we texted this photo to her and I said I thought Kody, her youngest needed this.  His red heeler puppy had disappeared earlier in the summer.  While I was shopping, my phone started going bonkers with text messages back.  So, I purchased  Clearance Puppy, and he rode on my lap to Bethany, spent the weekend at my parents' house (my Dad probably would have kept him), and then he rode on my lap all the way back to Marshall.  Kody's older sister Kaitlyn brought him out and we handed him a puppy!  

Love at first sight!  So now Clearance Puppy's name is Teddy, and he gets to herd goats with Kody.  

We also went to St. Louis at the end of July.  The Hubs was attending a Purina Seminar, and DD and I tagged along.  We did some shopping at a great outlet mall.


We also had box seats at a Cardinals game............against the Cubs!  It was a Tuesday, so DD had a NASA online class that she had to listen to that evening.

Here she is eating ball park food, watching the game, and listening to a NASA lecture.  

I also attended basket convention............just to look and shop............the first weekend in August.  I took another piano student (same family that got Teddy), and her mom with me so that she could pick out some 4-H basket projects.  She had a really difficult time deciding and ended up with some interestingly challenging choices.  We'll keep you posted on that.

Here were some baskets that caught my eye to make.............


I didn't purchase anything for myself as Kelsey had picked a couple of complicated things that I think I will just try to make along with her.

And that was pretty much it for the summer travels.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment