About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, August 23, 2019

Quilting Catch-Up

Some sewing and quilting did happen this summer.
I just love this quilt.  You can see that Cici finds it rather mesmerizing too!  Someone in quilt guild made one, and I got the pattern and did it in blue and neutral batiks.  The hubs had the fun of crawling around on the floor to arrange the pieces.  It's hanging in the "to be quilted" closet.  I have the backing and binding made, but haven't done batting yet.

This top also got completed.  This was Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender project from last year called Jewel Box Stars.  All of the interior blocks were pieced as leaders and enders between other projects last year.  I added my own borders.  I found the piano key pieces in my orphan block box.  There were left from another project.  I still have about 40 of those already cut for another project.  This one is hanging in the TBQ closet too.  I have binding made, but don't have backing or batting for it done yet.

This is my Summertime Sampler that I did as a block of the month starting last September.  I had never done a block of the month before and it was fun.  This is another one now hanging in the TBQ closet.  I don't have backing or batting for it, but have the binding strips cut.  I have quite a lot of the fabric scraps leftover, and would like to make some of the blocks again and maybe make them into bags or pillows.  It doesn't show up on my neutral carpet, but it is very pretty.  The binding will be black.

This was the last thing I quilted on my longarm.  The lady who purchased it had been to look at it, and I thought maybe I should try quilting again before I sold it.  I was so successful at this, that I put a Halloween wall hanging that I'm making for my sister on and started quilting, and after the machine messed up the 3rd time and I had to rip it out the third time, I was finished quilting.

The popsicle pattern and fabrics were purchased in Paducah last spring.  I changed it from a table runner to a piano runner.

Not to rush the seasons, but the Elf Hats are ready for Christmas.  I purchased this pattern and some of the fabric in Paducah as well.  Pam R. quilted it for me.  I think I may add little bells or something to the ends of the hats.

And this is our guild's opportunity quilt for this year.  It's called Midnight Stars.


It was beautifully quilted by Mary D.

Check out the quilting on the back!

That's the sewing/quilting update!  I did make DD a little zipper bag for her makeup before she went with the satellite team to Utah at the beginning of August.  No photos though and she's already taken it back to school.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment