About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween!!

What a busy weekend!  Friday, my cousin Susie picked me up and we headed to KC to meet up with another cousin, Erika, for lunch and shopping!  On the way we stopped at Peters Orchard and it was so cold, I had to have a cup of hot cider!!!

I got to see the cutest little girls (who were out of school for parent-teacher conferences) during my visit..........


Britta showed off her Harry Potter pumpkin!

Lily had a late breakfast before heading off to hang out with a friend.

We spent our whole shopping trip in IKEA!  Lunch there too!  It was a fun day.  

I loved this old gas can outside Erika's house.  She has the most wonderful craft/decorating ideas!

DH also finished harvest last week!  Yeah!!!!!!!  And DD came home for the weekend.  She didn't really come to see us, but to attend a Halloween party Saturday night.  She thought she was very clever in dressing as a Geek!  Neither one of us had the heart to tell her that it really wasn't that much of a stretch!  I did lots of cooking while she was home.  Crab fettuccine alfredo, rotel dip for her to take to the party, chex mix for her to take back to school for a carry-in at work on Friday, banana bread for her to take back, and on Sunday, roast beef with carrots, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, and crescent rolls from scratch.  After she headed back on Sunday, the hubs and I made a batch of peanut brittle...
or should I say cashew brittle.  It turned out pretty good!  

After all that cooking, I'm planning to order a pizza tonight to enjoy during the Chiefs game.  

We also carved pumpkins on Saturday.  We didn't do this last year as DD wasn't home from school that weekend.  It's an activity that we all really enjoy.

Here are the pumpkins before ...............

And here are the AFTER pictures!




We delivered them to a friend who will have lots of trick or treaters, so they will get seen on Halloween!

DD did spend lots of time studying and with her cat.  He spent so much time sleeping in her arms, that he was very relaxed when she was leaving.

Of course, as she drove away, he sat with his face between the rails of the deck watching her go.  It was pretty sad.

And youth hunting season started this weekend.  Our little friend, Luke got this 9 point buck at our house on Sunday.  He was thrilled (so was his dad!).  He kept asking his dad if there was any way he could get another tag.  He definitely wasn't ready to be done.

Some sewing was accomplished, just nothing photo worthy yet.  I am working on a Christmas table runner and have been looking at several pumpkin patterns to try.  

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!!!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment