About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Initial Challenge!

Our guild does a "Challenge" project each year.  Participation is totally voluntary.  The committee usually gives us 2-3 choices of challenge projects and we vote on one to do.  This year was the Initial Challenge.  You had to use your first initial to come up with your main color, and your last initial to come up with the block pattern.  What fun!  I think it sparked some real creativity.  

I had a beautiful piece of fabric that I loved and after holding it up to all the different spices in my spice cabinet, decided that it was Cayenne and I had another piece that was Caribbean Blue, so made some bear paw blocks..........see how it works??  My color had to start with C and my block with B, my initials!  After I had my table runner done, I found another pattern called Box Social that I really liked.  I still had plenty of the Cayenne fabric left, so teamed it with a Cat Fancy charm pack to make a wall hanging.  I love this wall hanging.

It looks great in my dining room!


Here are some of the other challenges............

This member's initials are CH.  She chose Coral in an H block pattern!

PR chose purple and pea green in rolling stone and rail fence blocks, so she called it Rolling Fences!

FC chose a Cathedral Window block.  I had trouble getting an F color on this one, so finally asked and was told it was Frost!

RB used Red Pinwheels in this cute wall hanging!

This Jonquil Yellow Starflower wall hanging was made by JS!

MD used Magenta, Marigold, Maize, Mango, Mardi gras, Moss, Marine blue, Marshmallow and Midnight for the colors and used a Dresden style block.  This was the winner!


MW used a piece of fabric - note the backing - and fussy cut it to make the Wild Zinnias table runner in Magenta!

There were others that I didn't get photos of like the Gray Hijacked Hashtags made by GH.  This was definitely a fun challenge.  Can't wait to see what we do next year!

The Hubs is still trying to get harvest finished, but some rain has kept him out of the field for a couple of days.  I left him a list this morning...........we'll see if it works!  

The DD is experiencing another week of major tests.  I try to send her a motivational text/photo every morning.

Here is the one on tap for tomorrow.............

Cici loves a good bag to play with, however I don't think she intended to get this one stuck around her neck!  
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment