About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Catching Up!

It's time to catch up on the Blog!  DD did come home- can't believe that was 2 weeks ago!  This was how she spent most of the weekend...........
Notice her favorite buddy, Jason sleeping in the chair beside her..........I don't think his feet touched the floor the whole day on Saturday!

I did some cutting for our guild's 2018  charity project.  We are making a quilt for a church to raffle to raise money to repair the ceiling in their sanctuary.  We're using Civil War fabrics and calling the pattern "Roof Raising".  Here are my strips.
I passed them off to Becky, and she mixed them in with others and then I made these blocks.
Aren't they pretty!  I'm thinking of using this pattern with some homespun fabrics I have been wanting to make into a quilt.
Cici was there, of course, to supervise the cutting.  And Sarah's kitten, Jason, supervised the sewing.

I also cut what I think I need for the pieced border of Old Tobacco Road.......and some bonus units to add to the stash.


My rail fence leader/ender project is progressing as well.

I did get the popcorn/snowball blocks sewn together.  We are making "kid" type quilts for Great Circle this year.  I love all the bright fabrics.  I don't normally sew with these.
I also added a keyboard border from my 2.5 inch strip stash.

This project is still on my sewing table.  DD found that Cici had chewed through the elastic on Captain America's shield.  Cici was attempting to get to Darth Vador's red light saber and evidently was trying to eat her way there.

Last weekend was the day guild quilt show at the Martin Center where I work.  It was a fun weekend.  I had 2 quilts in the show and I knew most of the winners...........
Pam, from my guild, won the large quilt division with her grape quilt.  It is gorgeous.

This was Georgann's (also in my guild) Halloween quilt that won the small quilt division.

And Bryan, my boss, won the crazy quilt division with this old crazy quilt.

Expect another blog post soon as we were in Rolla the last 2 days and I went to a large quilt show there.  I took lots of photos, so it will have to be a different post.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment