About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Well, DD headed back to school yesterday after spring break.  I think she was a little lost during the week with no set schedule.  She helped me lay out the batting and backing for my En Provence quilt which is finally ready to go to the quilter...........2724 pieces!  These really aren't my colors, so I'm hoping that the time the quilt spends with the quilter will make me like it better.........absence makes the heart grow fonder!  Hopefully!

Having DD home was fun, however, I think Cici was ready for her to head back to school.  It was like having siblings around arguing and antagonizing each other all week.  However, when it came time to say goodbye, they were all friends again.
I know DD was planning to spend some time outside (she brought shorts home to wear), but it rained most of the week.  She did get to go to a rabbit show in Sedalia on Saturday.  She got to show all of our neighbor's rabbits as he was busy running a contest for the youth exhibitors.  I know she had a good time.  The hubs and I drove down to pick her up and then hit some flea markets.  We were looking for a sewing machine cabinet that could be altered to fit my 301.  We found a table we liked, but didn't know if it was for sale.  They called us later to say it was, so the hubs will pick it up tomorrow.  I expect to have my new table ready by the weekend as it is supposed to rain all week and he will be looking for something to do.

We did find these treasures at the flea market...........




When your sewing machine just won't go anymore, make it into something else!  The hubs really liked these.

Our guild scrapbasket challenge for April is blue!  I spent some time cutting up my scraps in my basket and then put them all in their appropriate bins.  I pulled out the blue bin and the tan bin, and cut pieces for a quilt.  
Cici helped, of course.  I'm excited about this project.  It is actually a scrap basket challenge as I got all of the fabric from my 2.5" bins and didn't get into the yardage.  I wasn't planning to make any full quilts for these monthly challenges, but this one really appealed to me and I'm using up lots of scraps!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment