About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 24, 2017

How does your garden grow?

Well, the hubs finished planting corn, so finally had time to help till the garden.  It could actually use some rain.
Doesn't look too bad.  Lettuce, onions, peas, and potatoes are up.  I'm thinking we'll have lettuce to eat in a week.  And, he planted sweet corn today............used the tractor and planter and put it in the edge of the cornfield right behind the garden.  IF nothing happens to it (like racoons, deer, hail, getting sprayed with chemicals), we will have more than enough sweet corn.

I spent the morning with the Laughing People of Covenant - a church group that meets on Monday mornings to work on whatever projects they might want to bring.  I took Bitsy (featherweight) and some scrappy civil war fabric star blocks to work on.  There are a lot of knitters/crocheters, and even some embroidery folks.



She is modeling her first knitted hat!

The kittens are growing.  The yellow one has his eyes open already.  

If you look/count carefully, you'll see that there are 7 now.  How did that happen????

Well, the hubs was across the road at the farm getting something out of a shed and found the little white one.  Then he realized that a momma cat had had her kittens at the top of a stack of wood and the kittens were falling down in the pile when they rolled around.  He could hear them crying from different places in the wood.  However, when he went to put the kitten back, the momma hissed and spit at him so much that he wouldn't stick his hand up there.  So, he put the kitten in his shirt pocket and left the shed hoping she would find her other kittens.  He went on with what he was doing, filling the planter, etc, and all the while the kitten was riding around in his pocket.  When he finally came to our house to get some lunch, he put the kitten in the box with our others and it's still there!  Someone asked me if our momma was ok with that and my response was, "Well, she's not the brightest, so I'm not sure if she's noticed she has 7 now, or that one is white!"  He's holding his own even though he's not quite as big as the others.  His ears, nose, and tail are starting to darken, so I'm thinking he will look Siamese.  And, just in case you are wondering, the white (Siamese) and yellow are the only males.  I had 3 of them in the house on my lap while I was binding a quilt..........probably why that project isn't finished yet, too much time petting kittens!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment