About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Oopsie!

Here it is, TUESDAY, and I didn't get my blog done on Monday!  How did that happen????  I guess I'm going to blame it on the new kittens that were born Sunday night.  I spent a good deal of time yesterday (when I wasn't doing the things I HAD to do) just sitting by the box watching them.  There are 6 beautiful babies!  


We worked on Quilts of Valor at our guild meeting last week.  Here is my team's block layout.  I finished sewing our rows together and added a narrow navy blue border before passing it on to the next person for a final scrappy border.  It will come back to me for binding after it's quilted.

Here are some of the March Mystery Madness quilts that were shown at our meeting.  The lighting wasn't good, but I hope you can see all the different fabric choices.









This was Mary's January Scrap Basket Challenge - Solids! I don't normally like solids, but I love this.

We also all loved this quilt.  The photo doesn't do it justice.

Sarah brought her roommate Paige home for Easter weekend.  While time was spent doing calculus and physics homework, they also played outside, visited the neighbors rabbits, played croquet, and lounged around for awhile.  Leia, the outside cat, enjoyed the lounge time.

Cici has been her usual self.........up to stuff all the time.  Here is a picture of her in the play tunnel we have in the dining room.  She was so still like that for so long, we thought she was sleeping.  She was actually just waiting for someone to walk by so she could leap out and pounce on their feet.

I did finish the blocks for my April Blue scrap basket challenge.  It's a pattern called (interestingly enough) Scrap Basket Blues.  I'm so proud that I used strips from my scraps and didn't cut any yardage for this.  I still have to sew the blocks together, and am debating on possible borders.  The pattern didn't have a border, just dark blue binding.  We'll see what happens.
Sorry to be late with this one!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment