About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Spring Break!

First, here is a photo of Cici's quilt........another finish on my UFO list.  It has actually been finished for 3 weeks or so, but I wrote directions for it and made them into clues to use for a March Mystery Madness (basketball tournament theme) quilt project for my guild, so couldn't show the quilt until the last clue and reveal were done.  This was scheduled to take place on March 29th, but I was so elated about the Oregon Ducks defeating KU, that I released the last clue and revealed the photo to the guild members late Saturday evening.
Look, it even has feet!  I can't wait to see everyone's version of this quilt based on the clues/directions they received each week.  Our April guild meeting should be fun!
DD is home for spring break!  For her being such a small person, I have certainly done more cooking, laundry, and emptying of the dishwasher since she's been home.  She seems to be reverting to her younger self this week.  She and I went to see the new Power Ranger movie Saturday evening.  She was a big Power Ranger fan when she was little and was thrilled that there was a movie coming out.  I think she has been binge watching all the old episodes on netflix to get ready for the movie.  I actually watched it with her when she was little (wanted to know what she was watching), and she has a big plastic tub of Power Rangers, mega zords, and other things I don't know the names of.  Honestly, the movie wasn't bad.  The most amazing thing to me was the make up of the audience.  There were only a few little kids.  Most of them were people Sarah's age or a little older who would have watched the original series.  I definitely wasn't the oldest person there.  On the way home, I asked her if she remembered our trip to Disney World and getting to see the Power Rangers and getting autographs.  I remember knowing that we were close to a spot in the park where they were supposed to appear for autographs and all of the sudden she heard the theme music start up and went running to the sound.  Here are some photos from the scrapbook.  This was in 2005.


It was definitely a highlight of the trip for her...............almost as good as the Lion King show which we attended twice!

When we got home Saturday evening, she couldn't stop talking about the movie and all the things it recalled about the TV shows, so we finally sent her to her room to find something to do so we could watch TV in peace. She dug out the tub of Power Rangers (some major digging was involved here, as she hadn't done anything with the tub for several years).  It wasn't long until she came down the stairs with a broken ranger in her hand asking Daddy to please fix it.  It did bring back the memories.  Then, she just brought the whole tub down and sat in the middle of the living room floor going through all of it and organizing everything.  At least she's big enough now to carry the tub back up to her room by herself.  I'm pretty sure the Power Rangers are still out in her room so she can play with them this week.

She and I went to Columbia today to do a little shopping.  She stopped at the Build-A-Bear kiosk and was thrilled to find Power Ranger outfits for the bears.  I wasn't sure we were going to escape without purchasing one, but she was having too much trouble choosing between the yellow and red ranger.  I think this reverting to younger times must be a phase college students go through.  She was telling us that some of the students had been enjoying the nice weather last week by doing their calculus homework on the sidewalks in colored chalk..............only in nerd school like S&T!
Christi

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I'm a little behind, but hope to finish the flimsy this week.

    ReplyDelete