About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Christmas Ornaments.........

Several years ago (okay, the date on the magazine is  ), I started cross stitching a set of ornaments depicting the Night Before Christmas poem.  I finally finished one that I'm sure I had been cross stitching on for about 3 years.  



Since it was the last line from the poem, I thought I must have them all finished!  Unfortunately, when I got the box of Christmas ornaments out of the basement, I discovered that I had done the first two and the last two and there are still EIGHT to go!

While I am doing the actual cross stitch, I'm always thinking this is the last one of these I'm ever going to do.  But then when the ornament is complete, I find myself excited to start the next one.  So now I'm debating which one to start next............it's a difficult decision since I still have EIGHT to choose from.

Another accomplishment was finally getting this quilt hung.  I made it 2-3 years ago from the Row by Row patterns I picked up from various quilt shops on our vacation to Virginia.  It was a seasonal theme, so I picked 4 rows, one for each season, and one each state we drove through, to use in a quilt.  After I finished the rows, I had to figure out how to put it together.  I didn't want to just put them in in rows with sashing in between.  It was about the time Jenny Doan did her tutorial for the Missouri Star block, so I made a Missouri star for the center.  Then I figured out how wide the piano key border had to be and made it from scraps and then added my rows as borders.  I really liked the way it turned out and Mary did a fabulous job on the quilting.  It took me awhile to decide I wanted to hang it and not just use it as a throw.  I really like how it looks!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment