About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Quilt Show Weekend

What a beautiful weekend for the Arrow Rock Festival and my guild quilt show.  There was a huge crowd there on Saturday and a pretty big crowd again on Sunday.

This was one of my favorites made by my friend Gina.  I like the colors and the stars.  I think it has a very patriotic feel.


Here are a couple of the Allietare quilts that were the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt last year.  I'm looking forward to see what she has in store for the next mystery quilt!

And here are some with fabrics I love from Kansas Troubles...........

This year for our guild charity project, we are making baby quilts for the Baby Grace program that the Methodist Church sponsors.  Here are some "kid" quilts I liked.  These aren't the ones that are being donated, but I think doing baby quilts has put several members into the "kid" quilt mood.



I was sitting in the room with these quilts and every time a kid came through and turned the corner and saw this last quilt, they were so excited to see Olaf from the movie Frozen.

I think I might try to make the elephant quilt.  I looked at it for quite awhile.

I was planning to share a new recipe today.  I tried a new chicken noodle soup done in the crock pot on Saturday (since the weather turned a little cooler).  Unfortunately, we really didn't like it.  I didn't finish my first bowl, and we ended up throwing it out because it just wasn't good.  

So I guess the recipe I have to share is a really complicated one for the Hubs favorite cookie.

Haystack Cookies
Melt 1 package of butterscotch chips, stir in a really big glob of peanut butter, and then stir in a bag of chow mien noodles.  Drop onto waxed paper and chill.
Yes, I made The Hubs a batch this morning.  I can never keep these hidden.  He seems to be able to smell them as soon as he enters the house...........even if I've hidden all the evidence and am burning a scented candle.  

And Cici...........what has she been up to?  Well she did figure 8's around my ankles this morning while I was making the haystack cookies.  She continues to tackle the stuffed animals on the ledge by DD's door, and I have been finding things in odd places........a Halloween decoration on the floor in the bathroom closet???  I think she did some major napping while I was at the quilt show this weekend.
She loves DD's bed upstairs.  I think she's figured out no one will bother her there.  If we can't find her, that's usually where she's hiding.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment