About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

I can't believe it's NOVEMBER!!

It's November which means Christmas will be here before you know it!  Have you started your shopping yet?????  Sometimes it's not the gift, but the bag it comes in that counts!  Just ask Cici...............
This shopping bag was a source of entertainment for several days.  The bag came home with me after I met DD and her roommate in Columbia on a Saturday in October (turned out to be Mizzou Homecoming, so maybe not the best Saturday to go to Columbia!) and we did a little shopping.  I did purchase my first Christmas gift, not a large item, but something small that caught my eye.  Got to take the ladies to lunch as well.
Here they are sharing a dessert!  
I also had a Halloween Piano Recital for my piano students.  What fun!  Everyone wore costumes, we played spooky music, and the piano was all decked out in spider webs and spiders.
Of course, there were cookies and punch afterwards.  I made special spider cookies for the event.
My parents came for a visit this past weekend and to help us butcher.  Two large hogs.......75 pounds of pork burger, 35 pounds of sausage, ribs, roasts, chops, loins, and tenderloins are all in the freezer.  Bacon is curing in the frig, and there is an old-style country cured ham hopefully curing to be the New Year's Ham!  Sorry, no pictures of this event.

I did take my mom to Brunswick to visit Sew Sweet Quilt Shop.  I had a completed punch card burning a hole in my pocket, so did quite well with the shopping there.

Mom brought some quilt tops to show me.............
This is a four patch star.
This is a quilt she made with some older fabrics someone had given her.  The circles were already pieced and she put it together.

And remember that wild striped fabric I used to make this quilt......
Here is Mom's version done bigger.............
I have been doing some work in my sewing room.  One of the big accomplishments was some rearranging to fit Tucker, the new/old 301 in to the room.  Hopefully, I'll have something ready to show soon!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment