About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Sewing Catch Up

 


I spent Tuesday afternoon quilting Ruby Jubilee.  Then managed to get the binding finished on Wednesday.  It looks better quilted, but it's still not my favorite.


Esme did her part by supporting my efforts from her window perch.


Cici did the same from the pillow pile on the couch downstairs.


And Sarah's cat did the same while taking over Esme's spot close to the sewing machine.  She didn't sleep the afternoon away though.  After a short nap, she thought she might be of more help.


First she decided to help hold down a design board.


Then she moved to hold down the pattern.  One must lick a paw to turn the page.


Then she read the pattern and started pointing out mistakes.


Then she thought she would inspect the stitching.


And then maybe cleaning the needle would help things along.


We parted ways after she disagreed about a design layout and dumped it on the floor.

You know what they say about too many cooks..........


And speaking of cooking, Willow was on hand to lend support in the pie making efforts Wednesday morning.  She sat faithfully right behind me as I made crust.  When I discovered that I had made way, way too much crust, she was on hand to alleviate the mistake by disposing of scraps of dough that weren't needed.  I didn't even turn around, just tossed dough scraps behind me and it never even hit the floor.  She was very helpful indeed.

Well, the Christmas decorations are up and the tree will follow soon. 

Christi













No comments:

Post a Comment