About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Weekend Happenings

 This past weekend, I drove to Omaha to spend the weekend with my cousin and help her at a big craft show.  Brenda, with the help of her husband Jeff has a business (JB Metal) making porch signs and other items.  She's had a full schedule of craft shows this fall, and did a 4 day show in a big hockey arena as well as a one day show at a high school on Saturday.  



There were 5 areas.  The above photo was of the main ice arena (mats were covering the floor, but it was cold).  We were on the ice in the practice arena.  There were tons of booths there.  I took photos of some things that interested me....................

I loved the sentiment in the above photo.  I just didn't know where I'd hang this metal sign.  


And this guy caught my eye, not that I would buy it, but it was interesting.  And the booth next to us had t-shirts...........


I thought this one was fun, but was a little worried about where Santa's hands would land on my chest, so I refrained from purchasing.

This was the JB Metal booth........




And some classic Christmas movies were highlighted on the signs.............









Brenda's younger daughter MacKenzie showed up at the end of the day Saturday.  We went out looking at the other booths and I learned what a Shacket was.  (I wondered why it wasn't called a Jirt.)  For those who are like me and are really clueless about current fashion, a Shacket is a cross between a shirt and a jacket, usually made from flannel or light weight corduroy.  MacKenzie has one on in the photo.  There were several booths with them at the event.


We had supper with my aunt and uncle and my cousin Brian.  He lives in Minnesota and is an artist.  He was down for a visit and I got to ask him all about the new children's book he had just illustrated.  It's a Christmas book called Sorta Claus.  Sorta is the brother of Santa and he gets to answer all the kids questions about Santa.  I had seen the promo for it on his website brianbarber.com and it looks adorable.  I've placed my order for a couple of copies.  I got to bring home another book he had illustrated.........

I think the illustrations are adorable in this one.



I love his photo on the back cover.  I remember this school photo!

I was asking if he was keeping copies of all the kid's books he has illustrated to give to any future grandkids, and he said not really.  His kids don't seem that impressed with his art.  Brenda said the same thing about her 2 girls and the cool stuff she does.  I have to say the same thing for Sarah.  She still says she's taking a match to all the quilts and fabric when I'm gone.  

Speaking of my darling daughter, I have started working on this quilt for her..............for Christmas..........of 2023!  I'm thinking she won't destroy cats in space.

 
I have made 2 cats and 3 of the little stars.  The blocks aren't totally finished yet, but so far each cat has 75 pieces in it.


So cute and so much fun to make.  I even have ideas on how to quilt it already.


It was really fun to catch up with a couple of cousins........and I did a little shopping too!

Christi







No comments:

Post a Comment