About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Thanksgiving Time Travel

 I realized that I had never completed my posts about Thanksgiving week.  We fixed Thanksgiving dinner for David's family.  The star of the day was Miles, David's great nephew who is now a one-year-old.


This was our Thanksgiving meal.


Miles got to entertain his great grandma..........


and his great grandpa............


The grandparents with their grand children and great grandchild.


and the grand kitten got into the action.......


Miles got a Christmas quilt as an early birthday present.


Sarah's kitty found a place to hide out from the one-year-old.


The next day, we worked on getting out the Christmas decorations.  Sarah's kitty had to try out the Christmas blankets.


And then she had to try out the Christmas tree skirt........


It had good snuggle-ability


But Cici reminded us that she is the true gift by claiming her spot on the Christmas tree skirt.


Esme was content to keep her place on the couch with the snowman pillows and quilt.


We also baked some sugar cookies.


And TODAY, FINALLY, I finished my Scrap Happy quilt top.  I had been working on it since the late summer.  I did make mine larger than the pattern by adding 7 more blocks to make it 4x4 instead of 3x3.  The blocks were designed to use 64 two and a half inch squares.  I thought this would be a great way to clean out my 2.5" square box.  I also tried it with 1.5" squares, making four 256 patch blocks.  It did empty the 1.5" square box.  

I shared the pattern with my mom and she has made 5 of these already and one table runner from the pattern.  I have already quilted the table runner and 3 of the quilts for her.

I need to get some Christmas gifts finished and have a couple of quilts to quilt for other people.  But I'm really glad to have this top complete.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment