About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

So much to tell, but not time for pictures!

We have been very busy around here, so busy that I have forgotten to take many photos!  But here is what I have...........

First, Dory felt very left out of the last post as she was not mentioned or photographed.


Now this is not a good photo because it was dark, but this is one of Dory's favorite places....on top of the piano.  She especially loves it because of the quilted piano runner on there.  She doesn't like to jump up onto things, but enjoys this spot because she can get to it from the back side through the stair rail and so, doesn't have to jump.


Here she is posing on a quilt that Pam delivered after quilting!  I texted this photo to my mom and she commented on what a beautiful quilt I had made.  I said, "Mom, this is your quilt!"  She had forgotten it (when you make so many, you kind of lose track).

Pam did a beautiful job on the quilting.  She finished the quilting and delivered it to me the same morning...........yes, it was still smoking!  Kidding!

My parents were down to visit on Friday and Saturday.  Cousins Pam and Susie came up Friday and we had a nice lunch and then put up sweet corn.  Yes, I truly know how to provide quality entertainment for my guests.  Mom, Dad, David and I started a game of Hand and Foot that evening.  Sarah took David's spot on Saturday morning to finish the game, and Mom and I whomped them.  Quilter's Rule!!!!  On Saturday afternoon, I made a double batch of sweet pickle relish and another batch of dill pickles.  I think I am done "pickling".  Well, I know I am done as you can no longer find jar flats in Saline County.  We may have to take a road trip this weekend to see about finding some more.  David asked about pulling the beets and I said they were best left in the garden until jar flats are found.  

We have been enjoying family time preparing supper together in the evening.  Monday evening we did tacos.  Sarah made flour tortillas from scratch (had to dig out an old 4-H project recipe).  I was rolling them out while she cooked them and  taco meat.  David cut up the green onions and cilantro, and we had the most excellent meal. 

Last night Sarah made "Herb's chicken".  This recipe is simple.  Go out to the deck and snip some herbs.   Mince the herbs.  Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic, and the herbs and grill them.  David did the grilling since he was already grilling tomatoes, corn, jalapenos, peppers, and onions for salsa.  I was peeling peaches for dessert.  Of course we also had sweet corn.  After supper, David helped me make a batch of grilled corn salsa and a batch of smoky salsa.  Lunch today is pork burgers, sweet corn, chips and salsa.  Isn't summer wonderful!  And no photos were taken of any of it!

Putting up sweet corn is on tap for today's project.  We got it shucked and silked last night.  Sarah is mowing the yard this morning, and I'm getting my haircut this afternoon (going to the beauty shop, not letting David return the favor of a haircut).

Some sewing has also happened.

I have 13 of the Christmas Village houses done.  This is the same pattern as the previous Village quilt, just done in Christmas fabrics and a nighttime background.  I have done some fussy cutting on the doors and chimneys.  There is a snowman in the doorway of the first house in the middle row, Snoopy is dancing the night away in the 3rd house on the top row, and Santa is in several doorways.  He's also stuck in the chimney of the 3rd house on the bottom row..............must have drunk too much spiked eggnog and tried to go up sideways!

And, I have finally added a border to the original Village quilt.  That was the last of my monthly sewing goals for July, so I'm ready for August!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment