About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Happy Birthday!


Yes, my baby is 23!  She is celebrating with one big cookie!

 And her best bud, Dory!

I took a little time to look back through the photo albums of past birthdays and all the interesting cakes I made for her.  Here are some favorite photos..........

 Pretty sure she had chicken pox in the photo above......there are some spots in her eyebrows!

 Oh, the hair!

First day of preschool!

 First piano recital





 The morning hair hasn't changed!

 More chicken pox......

 Northwest Missouri State Fair Baby Show.

Church Christmas Program

We have the most interesting conversations while fixing supper as a family.  Monday evening was Parmesan Chicken.  Sarah got chicken breasts out to thaw before I got home.  
So, there was much discussion about the poor chicken with the breast on the right.  It was larger than both of the others combined!  You can only imagine the conversion about breast size...........of chickens, of course!  I'm thinking supper isn't going to be nearly as much fun when harvest starts and David is in the field, or when Sarah gets moved permanently to St. Louis.

On the sewing front........

 I pulled out some little blocks I had made last year as part of Bonnie Hunter's Leader/Ender Challenge.  Bonnie, of course, made enough of these for 2 quilts during the year.  I have a nice table topper/wall hanging now that I finally set them together.  I just never really liked the fabrics in the blocks, but now that it's set together, it is perfect in my dining room.  Quilting to come.......

 Here are the blocks from the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt I participated in.  I have them sewn together now, but still need to add the border.  

And I finished another block of the Appalachian Memories Quilt.  That's 6 complete now!  Half way there!

 Charlie was on hand to help out in the sewing room.  It's amazing how much lint a dark gray long-haired kitten can find in what I thought was a clean sewing room!

 And, Dory was standing guard sleeping on the steps to the sewing room.  One must be careful not to rush up and down the stairs as you never know what my be resting there.

And, I finished this little Celtic Knot Basket a few weeks ago, but didn't have a photo.  This is sitting on the dining room table and Cici has tried really hard to get herself curled up in it, but there is no way she will fit.

I'm hoping to do a little more weaving soon.

Christi

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter (this is an excellent birthday month!). And congratulations to you for winning the scrap giveaway on The Objects of Design. However, your comment was no reply, so if you can send me an email with your address I'll send you a package with your novelty, red and fall color scraps.

    ReplyDelete