About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Sewing Room Antics!


I've found myself with lots of company in the sewing room of late.  I think Sarah is truly getting bored.  She wanted to work on a section of her BB-8 design quilt on Saturday and then as it progressed decided we were going to finish it off!  She doesn't show a lot of emotion, but I think she's secretly proud of this.  We are now talking about backing fabric and I think she has "ideas" about the quilting.  We'll see what progresses.  I would really like to have her get interested in another quilt project to give her something to do.


Charlie (above) and Wicket (below) have fallen in love with playing in the sewing room.  If you let them in the back door, they bypass the food dish to go running up the stairs to play.  If you are on the main level, you can hear them romping from one end of the room to the other!



Catnip mice and yarn balls are so much fun!

 Cici has registered a complaint with the complaint department about the interlopers in her sewing room.  It's no longer the nice quiet peaceful place it used to be!

 Her complaint fell on deaf ears when photographic evidence showed she could still sleep on the cutting table just fine!
She's just protecting her favorite scraps from the interlopers!

My recent sewing efforts yielded a finish!  This cute little wall hanging is all finished.  It was the Temecula Quilt Company's Stay-At-Home Sampler that I started in March.  


 And some more buckets!  These are the last I plan to make.  The one above is the large size and the elephant fabric is actually denim.  The one below is the small size and the first time I used the circles for the handles.


And kitchen work is ongoing.  I was blessed to have a fellow quilter invite me to pick blackberries.  David and I showed up with a couple of ice cream buckets and she informed us we didn't bring enough buckets.  As I started picking, she said, "Christi, just put that bucket on the ground and use both hands or you'll never get done!"

We came home with 3 gallons of berries.............
They were the prettiest, biggest berries I have ever seen.  I almost forgot to snap a picture!

And cucumbers were dropped off at my house which were made into more sweet pickles.


I'm planning another batch of dill pickles later this week.

I spent last night after work peeling a dishpan of peaches from my in-laws.  They sent over jars and sugar to go with the peaches and asked for some peach preserves.  I made 2 batches (which took all of their sugar and then some, and used all but one of their jars) last night, and I still have a dishpan of peaches left.  David was taking the preserves and empty dish pan back today and is supposed to ask if they want more preserves, or if they want the peaches peeled and cut up for the freezer (or per Sarah, if she could just eat them!).  It was a sticky mess in the kitchen.  I had so many splatters on my shirt that I kept sticking to the edge of the counter.  The other day, Sarah complained that her sock stuck to the floor where I had dribbled the sweet pickle solution on the floor.  That mess was cleaned up and now there was another.  After I had the dishes done, the counters cleaned, and a clean shirt; but before I got the floor cleaned, David brought the bar stool and his hair clippers into the kitchen for a hair cut.  Once that job was done, I needed another clean shirt, and now there were little silvery gray hair clippings in the sticky peach stuff on the floor.  The loose hair clippings were swept up, and then I called it quits for the night.  Hopefully someone will mop the floor while I'm at work today!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment