About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Summertime This and That

June was black raspberry season at our house.  
We picked.............. 
and washed............. 
 and picked...........
and made jelly.  I actually ran out of jelly jars and ended up using a couple of pints.  My dad and Jackson, the jelly lovers in the family, were the recipients of the pints. 
I have also made dill pickles and canned green beans.  I'm hoping to have enough jars to make it through the summer.
 David smoked some bacon from the last 2 pigs that were butchered.  We were so happy to reach the end of June and finally have all the pigs gone to market.  New little pigs will arrive on the 16th!

 A trip to Joyce's Fabrics in Pilot Grove yielded some nice blacks and grays for the stash.

 I picked up my mom's Jewel Box Stars quilt from the quilter.

I finished the binding on this quilt.   I have even napped under it already, so it works!

I finished piecing this quick little baby quilt.  It's a pattern called Moda Love.  

And I finished the binding on my Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery Quilt - a - long.  I love this quilt.  I can sleep well under it!

I participated in another quilt-a-long with Sew Sweet quilt shop.  This is called Flea Market Mix.  I made it from scraps I had and focused on rich fall colors.  I had mine finished in about 3 days.  It was a quick sew.  

Sarah and I will be judging exhibits at the county fair next week.  We got the information letter in the mail and Sarah put it on the frig..........low enough for Cici to read!


Stay tuned for more project updates!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment