About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 6, 2020

4th of July Resolution!

I know you are supposed to make New Year's Resolutions, and I did resolve to blog a little more faithfully, but obviously that hasn't worked out.  So, I've decided to try a 4th of July Resolution.........to do more blogging!  

We spent our 4th of July weekend (left Thursday, returned on Sunday..........the longest we have been away from home in a couple of years or more!) traveling to IOWA (went way far out there didn't we!).  It was my nephew's high school graduation party on Saturday afternoon.  We got there Thursday evening.  We helped decorate and set stuff up on Friday (I managed to escape a couple of hours to visit The Stitch, a quilt shop that was having a SALE!!!!  More later on my purchases!).  Then we attended Jackson's baseball game in the evening.  It was a hot one, but they WON!!!!


He had quite the fan base there to watch.  Saturday was Carter's turn............

His graduation had been held the weekend before with just immediate family allowed to attend.  We watched it on Facebook.  Here is my picture of the computer screen as he walked across........


And then we posed our graduates for some photos......  Carter was a high school grad, Sarah was a college grad.   


With us and then with Grandpa and Grandma Barber.



The reception was in the garage and front yard and there were lots of people.


Carter's awards.........mostly for sports, and there would have been many more if the track season hadn't been cancelled this year.



He will be attending the University of Northern Iowa and competing in track.  

 Here are the UNI bucket and face masks I made for him for graduation.  He really liked them and put one of the masks on but wouldn't let me get a photo.  I lined them with t-shirt fabric (my t-shirt, so told him I'd always be close to him).  I found UNI fabric at a quilt shop in Iowa Falls.  I'm told it's the only shop in the world that sells it.

This is the quilt my mom hand quilted for him.  I pieced it.  We've had it done for a few years, but had no idea that the red, white, and blue theme would be so appropriate for his 4th of July reception.

My sister had rented a soft serve ice cream machine to have with cupcakes.  David was reading the instructions for the ice cream machine.  It was delicious!  So were the cupcakes.


My sister hadn't done any laundry for a week, so I managed to get 7 loads done on Saturday..........towels, sheets (back on beds for those who were staying Saturday evening), clothes.  Poor Jackson was waiting for the t-shirt he wanted to wear and it was in the last load.  I finally got it out for him.  He wanted to show his big brother (he's actually taller, though) support by wearing his purple UNI t-shirt.


We headed back to Bethany Saturday evening to stay at Mom and Dad's.  Then home on Sunday.  Sarah made it to a fireworks stand to buy some fireworks to shoot off last night.  

It was good to be home.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment