About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Creative Juice

I'm sorry to say that my creative juices just haven't been flowing the last week or so........probably due to being sick, a trip to the ER a week ago, and in general just feeling lousy.  However, the juices are not coming back too quickly..........probably due to the good meds I've been on.  It was discovered last Monday at the dentist office that I have a really bad sinus infection in my right cheek.  This discovery was made after the trip to the ER Saturday night because of the intense pain in the right side of my face, jaw, and teeth.  The ER doc didn't really listen to me because he was sure it was in infected tooth and told me to see the dentist.  The dentist did one of those wonderful panoramic x-rays (yes, I saw myself as a Halloween skull!), and it was quite obvious where the infection was.  Of course, you could also see it in my cheek just by looking at me (which I'm quite sure the ER doc never did).  Anyway, I only worked a couple of mornings last week, cancelled all my piano students, and spent a lot of time on the couch.  I did read one book, and watched way too much television.  But that's all I really felt like doing.  Whenever I did feel like it, I went to the sewing room to do a little work on whatever was laying around.

This little Christmas tree wall hanging got sewn together.  It's made from 15 of the Bonnie Hunter leader/ender blocks I had done.  I'm going to send it to my mom to hand quilt.  

And the baby chick block from the Farm Girl Vintage quilt got finished.  

I finished putting the borders on my Friday Night Lights project during the Rams football game on Friday night (more on the football games later).  The binding is even ready.

And I finished sewing some blocks for a potential mystery quilt next year (mystery means no photos!)

So, in just picking up little projects that were here and there on the cutting table and sewing machines and feeling like doing little more than dropping fabrics back into fabric tubs, my sewing room now looks like this.

 Nothing started on the cutting table............

Note the box of tissues at the ready by the sewing machine.........

No spark of something interesting to come!  It's really kind of scary looking!

Leia and Nemo came in to keep me company one day.  They took the recliner, so I slept on the couch.
Apparently Nemo snores, so Leia moved to the window seat.

Cici has made herself at home on DD's bed upstairs.  I told DD that this is what happens when you stay away from home for over a month!

And this is Judith the newest addition to the Bentley cat brigade.  She is very sweet and loving to us, but doesn't care for other cats.  She stays outside and has made herself at home with us.  


Saturday I made supper for my in-laws.  Brisket, potato casserole, green beans, jello, deviled eggs, homemade crescent rolls, and cake.  They are celebrating their birthdays (Sept 30 and Oct. 1).  This was the mum we bought them and delivered.

I tried a new cake recipe.........caramel pumpkin cream cheese poke cake.  It was pretty good!

So here's hoping to a better week.  I'm really hoping to feel better.  I miss my piano students and would like to be doing something interesting in the sewing room

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment