About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Football Updates!

Fall is definitely upon us!  Football is underway and hopefully, we'll be seeing the leaves turn soon and harvest will be starting..............my farmer is ready!  All this time waiting just means more trips to John Deere to buy a new something or other to put on the combine, corn head, bean head, grain cart, semi-truck, etc.  It's time to start making money rather than spending it.

The second Friday Night Football game saw another win for the Greene County Iowa Rams.......barely!  42-41!  In what had to be the longest game ever...........lots of injury timeouts for cramping, and then late in the 4th quarter (and the Rams were behind), the lights went out on the field.  Finally, after a long delay, they got to finish the game in a nail-biter!  Unfortunately, I missed the very end because I had been listening so long on my phone it died.  

Of course, all that extra sewing time means that my Friday Night Lights project will soon be complete!  I actually have all of the blocks done and will work on sewing them together and adding the 2 borders this coming Friday night.  We're gonna need another project!

That was 2 weeks ago, but last Friday night, I saw the Rams play LIVE and IN PERSON!  The Hubs and I traveled to Jefferson, Iowa to watch the game.  (more on the Iowa trip in a later post)  

Carter (senior) made 3 touchdowns, 2 were punt returns for lots of yardage!  Apparently one of his teammates asked him to stop returning all the punts for TD's so they could play a little offense!  He was able to get that second punt return for touchdown thanks to a major block from younger (not littler) brother Jackson.  Jackson had a great game as well, playing only defense, he got an interception, and had lots of tackles, including one that took down their quarterback.  It's really funny when you know how mild-mannered and laid back he is that he is such a good tackler.  Neither of them got to play in the second half as the JV team took over since the score at the end of the first half was 48-0.  They ended up winning 48-7.

And, I got to meet the girlfriends!

Carter and Lydia.............she is a senior at another school and is very into track.  She is really nice and I can see that they are very compatible.  

And this is Jackson and Carmyn.  She's really cute.  They are both sophomores.  

And here is the family.  Chad is an assistant coach and my sister, Deb is the athletic trainer.

And they even took pics with Uncle David and Aunt Christi!

And now on the the pros!  We watched the first Chiefs game at my friend Shanon's house in Blackburn.  We have Dish Network and couldn't get CBS, so he invited us over.  It was fun, but loud.  The food was amazing though!

Fortunately Dish Network and CBS settled their dispute, and we stayed home yesterday afternoon to watch the Chiefs win again.  It was nice to stay home and Cici really enjoyed the game...........


And she's still watching...........


Sometimes you just gotta get closer!  While it was nice to stay home, the food was definitely lacking after the first week at Shanon's.  I did get the binding on my guild challenge project (will show it later after the October meeting) during the game.

Saturday evening after we got home from Iowa, I felt the need to sew a little, so I finally added the glasses to this bear block.  I had just put these blocks away because I didn't want to tackle the glasses, but it was so easy!  Only one of the 12 bears needed glasses, so now I'm ready to sew them together.


Christi

2 comments:

  1. I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. เว็บดูบอลฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. xoslot69

    ReplyDelete