About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

All Things Quilty!

My neighbor, Karen and I, recently took a trip to Hamilton to take our pastor fabric shopping.  No, she doesn't quilt, but we volunteered to make 3 t-shirt quilts for her from her husband's t-shirts.  He passed away from cancer in the spring and she is doing the quilts, one for herself and one for each of the kids for Christmas.  We did pretty well helping her pick out fabrics, the t-shirts are prepared, and I have cut the sashing strips and have even been sewing one of the quilts together.  We were there on a Friday, her normal day to write her sermon, and on Sunday, the sermon had some quilting examples in it ...............it was all about gifts and sharing your creativity.

I did see this cute table runner on their make and take table.  I'm going to have to try it.

Our guild met a week ago Tuesday and after a lengthy discussion about our upcoming quilt show (in which yours truly was more vocal than usual.........yes, they're probably rethinking asking me to be president next year!), we had our main UFO show and tell.  Everyone listed one project in January that had been laying around, taking up space, that they were going to have finished by the September meeting.  Here are some of them.........

 I don't remember who showed this (and they are hiding behind it), but it's one of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts.

 This is Pam's Seeing Stars.......she chose different colors and set things a little differently.  We're hoping to have several Seeing Stars quilts at our show!

 This is Beth's Mickey Mouse quilt for her granddaughter..........

And here is the back.............


This is Mary's quilt called Snapshots.  It's supposed to be snapshots of the things you have great memories of.........and on the back............

The camera!

And Mary also showed this one........Owl Always Love You!  The best part was the way her granddaughters helped with the fusing and eyeball placement.  I'm very lucky to have them both as piano students!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment