About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Spring Break!

Yes, It's Spring Break for DD.  I think she is enjoying this week off from classes and especially glad to just be able to stay home all day today in this heavy rain we are experiencing.  I know she is tired of walking on campus and being wet all day, so it's nice that she can stay home and relax on this rainy day..........with Jason 2.0 of course, and Magic has made his way into the house as well.


You can see that Jason 2.0 is making good use of a rainy day.  

A couple more green chickens have been added to the flock............

And it occurred to me that I should probably do a count of those 4-patch leader/enders for my Oklahoma Backroads quilt..........and make an actual plan for how many blocks I wanted.
So, there are now 63 4-patches completed.

And they have been checked by Cici, the quality control inspector.  Now to start working on other components for the blocks.  

My pinwheel top is also complete with borders now.  I used almost 200 of those little BONUS half-square triangles for the border.  I have another 150 or so of them left for another project. 

 I have also pieced a Franken-Batt for this one.  I used at least 8 pieces of leftover batting.  I thought it would show such a huge dent in the pile of batting scraps in the closet, but it didn't seem to.  And, unfortunately, all the pieces left in the pile are pretty small.  I need to just bite the bullet and spend the day trimming them up and sewing them together.  

I still need to find a backing for this quilt.  I'm thinking about flannel as it is more of a throw-sized quilt.

We went to the home show in KC on Saturday looking for ideas for redoing our back deck this summer.  We really didn't find much that was helpful, but there were some interesting things there.
I have no idea why anyone would want/need metal palm trees for their home!

We did stop at the photobus for a family photo!

Then we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory before heading to Ikea.  DD picked up a dresser for her room in her house at school and I picked up a couple of little things for my sewing room.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment