About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Birthday!

We celebrated the Hubs' birthday on Saturday.  He is a St. Pats baby.  DD was home for 4 days as Missouri S&T cancels classes for 2 days for St. Pats, so she got to help celebrate with him.
 Here he is lighting the cake!

We may need a bigger cake next year to hold all the candles!


We had roast beef, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, and his favorite red velvet cake on Saturday with his parents.  Then DD and I took him to see an afternoon movie.......Peter Rabbit.  It was wonderful!  

DD hadn't been home since January.  I had forgotten how much food, toilet paper and kleenix we went through when she was home.  In driving through town, she said, "What's that?" about a construction area and I informed her it was the new Sonic going in.  So, I took her to the renovated Orschlens and we had fun doing this........

I used to take her to Orschlens when she was little to see the chicks and ducks.  It seemed to coincide with peanut days, so we would eat peanuts and toss the shells on the floor, then play with the chicks and ducks, and then eat more peanuts, all without washing our hands!  And, it didn't kill her!  We really debated about bringing the hubs a baby duck for his birthday.  They are just so cute!

She also did a little shopping for Jason while we were there.  He got a new collar because she didn't like the pink one we had put on him.  He also got a harness and leash.  He loves the new collar, but didn't think to much of the harness.  She played with him so much that I think she wore him out.

They shared quite the good-bye scene yesterday.  Then Jason spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sleeping in my chair.  He was exhausted.
I told him he had better rest up as she'll be home again on Friday for a week of spring break!

And speaking of cats, we are now changing this one from NOT Pregnant to..
PREGNANT!  It was only a matter of time I guess.

A little sewing happened over the weekend........
 These are my blocks for my group's Quilt of Valor Quilt.


And here are some more chickens!  It's green this month.  You can see that these two share a little of the same genetics as they have the same wings!  

A plan has been made for the chicken blocks.........how many I want of each color, and which way they should face.  These are the first 2 right-facing chickens I have made.

Did a little cleaning/straightening in the sewing room as well............
I had to run the lint roller over the reds, grays, and blacks.  Someone had been napping on them.  I discussed the issue with DD and the Hubs, and 2 solutions were offered.......
1.  Get rid of the cats!
2.  Buy more fabric to fill up the compartment so they can't lay there!

#1 is not an option, but #2 is seriously being considered!
Christi

1 comment: