About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, April 6, 2018

Curtains and Kittens!

I don't know which is more exciting..........new curtains in the sewing room or new kittens!
I finally finished sewing the curtains (10 yards of the same fabric!) for my sewing room.  The Hubs pointed out that after he repaired the walls and painted the west end of the room, the old curtains did nothing to enhance his work.  


And, I picked up some cork board squares for him to hang throughout the sewing room so that I could pin patterns, notes, chicken block pattern, Clue cards, etc. up on the walls and keep them off my sewing surfaces.  

This happened while DD was home on spring break and she pointed out that Cici would just pull the push pins out and it wouldn't work.  I said, "No, my wonderful cat would never do that!"  Well, I stepped out of the bathroom one morning this week and found a red push pin waiting for me on the floor............I saw it before anything really bad happened that might have gotten Cici in the dog house.  She has since left them alone, so I'm hoping that she was just trying to impress me with her ability that one time and not developing a habit.

I finished this table topper before we visited my parents on Good Friday/Saturday.


This was an "impulse buy" clearance kit by from Connecting Threads.  I thought it turned out nice.  I was planning to try quilting it myself and then donating it, but both my mom and my sister refused to let it be donated.  Mom kept it to have as a hand quilting project.

On the way to Bethany, we stopped in Hamilton to meet my cousin Brenda and her daughters, Hannah and MacKenzie, from Omaha.  The girls and the hubs spent the morning in Man's Land playing cards and visiting.  Brenda and I hit all the shops and made a few purchases.  

We all had burger's at J's Burger Dive before heading out.

I got to deliver my nephew Jackson's birthday quilt for his room to him at Mom and Dad's. 
 I think he liked it.  Had to try it out on a bed.  He's an eighth grader and I honestly don't know how my sister can keep enough food in the house right now!


Mom had her Seeing Stars blocks up on her design wall.

I spent some time (hours) with graph paper designing a fishing quilt for her.  I even created a bobber block!  She had some embroidered fishing blocks she had done and wanted to know how to set them in a quilt.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.


DD spent time helping her Aunt Deb with her smart watch.  

We had a great time and then enjoyed some Easter Snow at home on Sunday.  We sent DD back to school before church to make sure she would avoid driving in bad weather.

This guy was very sad to see her go.

Cici was very sad to see her go and not take Jason with her.

And now for the kitten saga...........
The Hubs had prepared 3 nice boxes in the shed where there is food, water, and a heat lamp if needed.  

Black Toe had kittens somewhere (not to be found, so hidden better than Easter eggs) outside while we were in Bethany.  She is hanging around now, so we figure the kittens didn't survive the weather.

Elsa had kittens in the shed on the coldest night this past week, about a half yard from the heat lamp...........8, but only 1 was still alive due to the cold.  So, I brought Elsa and her kitten, which I named Solo because it would have to play alone, in to Jason's room in the basement in a box and left her there with food, water, and a space heater.  

I think this kitten has the most interesting facial markings!

Later in the day, one of my piano students came running in to inform me that Kira was having kittens in some leaves by the back door.............(again, can I just point out the shed with nice boxes and a heat lamp?).  So, I ran to the shed, grabbed a box, picked up 4 kittens (some not looking so good) and Kira and took them down to the basement room (can we just call it a nursery now?).  She had 2 more and we were able to save 4 total of hers.  

In the meantime, Elsa (who had planned for 8 but only had 1) decided to help out and jumped in the box of 4 kittens to help nurse those.

So, now we have 1 big box, 2 moms, 5 babies, and a "community" effort.  One mom feeds for awhile, jumps out, and the kittens roll (and I do mean roll as their tummies are so full) over to the other mom and have a second helping.  They have been moved to the shed and will hopefully remain there unless it really gets too cold this weekend.

It's been an exhausting week and I'm looking forward to a couple of days at home to sew.  I'm not even that upset about the predicted bad weather..........I'm ready for a Snow Day-Sew Day!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment