About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, March 2, 2018

In like a lamb???

I can't quite believe it's March!  I can't decide if we are getting Lion or Lamb weather today.  It's very windy, but at least it's sunny.  

It has been a long week.  The hubs did have the flu.  It was pretty quiet around the house as he just didn't feel like talking for several days, and now is still coughing (and talking leads to coughing), so I have been thankful for Jason and Cici.  I did spend 3 nights sleeping in the spare room, which was sad since hubby felt so bad.  I did get to sleep under a different quilt though!  And, I discovered where Cici spends the night...........on the spare bed.  I think she was quite glad to see hubby improve and me move out of her bed.

We enjoyed some warmer days this week.  However, this seems to have awakened the lady bugs.


Cici did her best to corral them for me.  

While hubby was recuperating, I spent some time in the sewing room.  I now have 20 of the On Ringo Lake blocks finished.  Only 30 more to go!  Some scrappy 4-patches (leader/enders) snuck into this photo as well.  I started a new scrap quilt that uses 2.5" strips and squares since I have so many of those.  It's Oklahoma Backroads by Bonnie Hunter.

And I have 20 of my homespun Roof Raising blocks done.  This is my main UFO challenge, so I really need to be getting the blocks done.  Since I don't really have a plan, I don't know how many blocks to make.  I'm shooting for at least 20 more.

The big news for DD is that she signed a lease to rent a large house with 6 other girls next year.  So, we are starting to furniture hunt.  Cici is also excited about this since it looks like Jason will get to go to college.  When I told her and Jason about it, she looked at me as if to say, "Get the pet taxi and get him loaded up NOW!"  I just can't imagine the fun he is going to have stealing all the bras and underwear and dragging them through the house!


His new discovery this week was the dryer.  Apparently, it's a nice warm place to hide out in!

We finally got to have our quilt guild meeting this month.  Shelly Pagliai was our guest and she showed some amazing quilts.







Love this spider applique!
And we had our usual amazing show and tell.

Here is Carrie's animal quilt she was working on at retreat.


And one she made for a friend's birthday.


Kris showed this fun Halloween embroidered quilt.


Mary showed this baby quilt for her grandson.

Since it's March, there are new Seeing Stars blocks to be working on and the Rainbow Scrap color for March is green!
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment