About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chick Chick Here, Chick Chick There


The sewing room certainly seems like Old Mac Donald's Farm with all these chicken blocks!


Six more were added to the flock!



Oopsie............some surgery will be needed on that last one!


Here's the bag packed for the quilt guild meeting that didn't happen last night due to the ice.  Oh well.  We're trying again for next week, so the bag will just stay packed up and ready.

I suggested a "virtual" meeting via Facebook, so those who wanted to quilt last night, and we took the "Virtual Tuit" to see what we could get around to doing.  Here is what I accomplished....

My pinwheel blocks were completed and placed on the design wall.  They are now sewn together awaiting bordering.


Here is the bin of bonus half square triangles that could be used in a border.  See Aunt Judy, I didn't send you all of these little things!

I have now pressed trimmed and counted, there are 363 of these little guys.  I'm feeling some sort of border on this one.

I did have the opportunity to do some more 4-H basket weaving Sunday afternoon.
Kaitlyn continued working on her basket.

Younger sister Kelsey started hers.

Progress was made!

And we had a little help!

He's just making sure that basket reed doesn't get lost!

This is normally a piano lesson day, but due to the ice this morning and the hubs being sick, I cancelled all lessons.  So now, it's basically a sewing day.  I made him tortellini soup last night.  It's full of onions and garlic.  I figure if it's good for warding off vampires, it might work for a cold/flu.  I also made his favorite - Jello!  This morning I asked what he was hungry for and he said the soup would be fine.  So, I'm reheating for lunch, but have a couple of loaves of homemade herb bread in the oven.  I'm thinking the smell of baking bread will be soothing and comforting.............and it sounded really good to me.

So, a couple of loads of laundry, and a lot of time in the sewing room will make this an awesome day!  Oh, and we're going to catch up on some Olympic Curling.

I took this photo through the glass in the back door the other day.  First, be impressed that the glass was clean enough to take this photo and then enjoy the picture of 2 tuckered out friends.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment