About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, May 1, 2017

I Must Be Getting Old

We stayed in a hotel in Rolla this weekend.  I used to love staying in a hotel, but am finding that I no longer sleep well, or truly enjoy the experience.  I just like sleeping in my own bed.  I must get getting old!  My complaints about the hotel this weekend were that there were teenagers shouting in the hallway late in the evening.  Apparently a bus load of travelers had come in late since they couldn't reach their intended destination due to the flooding.  

I was also in a comfy king-sized bed with the hubs, but found I missed Cici!  (can't believe I actually admitted I missed her).  Then, I had difficulty in the shower in the morning.  The water would not go down the drain.  I was checking to make sure it was open and found a huge wad of hair trapped in it.  Well, I clean the hair out of the drain in the shower at home, but I wasn't too thrilled about having to do it in a motel room.  Being in one of my "just can't let well-enough alone" moods, I finished my shower, got ready for the day, and then took the lovely wad of hair on a sheet of paper and laid it on the front desk in front of other customers.  We were given a small discount for the room.  Not sure we'll go back there again.

Back in February, I stayed overnight at the retreat center in Brunswick and have always loved staying there, but didn't sleep well this time.  I think I just couldn't get the temperature adjusted to my liking.  Anyway, I must be getting old since I just prefer my own bed.  We'll see what happens on Mother's Day weekend when we stay at my parents' house.  


We were in Rolla to attend Sarah's final concert on Sunday afternoon.  Here she is with 2 of her friends.  They brought her flowers after the concert.  It was a wonderful concert, very well programmed with lots of interesting selections.


It was a rainy weekend as well.  We were fortunate to make it back north before they closed 63 highway.  It was already closed south of Rolla and I-44 was closed on both sides of Rolla.  We brought home a load of stuff from her room.  I don't know where we are going to put all this stuff over the summer............and I washed everything she sent home.  It needed it.  I thought college boys would be really bad, but these girls aren't any too clean.

It was nice to get home even if we had lots of things to unload and put away.  Cici was glad to see us as were the dogs.  Magic really doesn't like storms and thinks he has to be inside.
I figured Cici would be wild since we had been gone, but she's been pretty well-behaved, even curling up to sleep by my head last night.  She's got to learn how to give herself a bath a little quieter during the night though...............all that slurping!

We went to church with Sarah on Sunday morning.  She played in the bell choir.  This was their rehearsal before church.

I had planned to visit the flea market where I found Tucker, my 301, when we were heading down to Rolla on Saturday, but with all the rain, it didn't seem too practical.  AND, the hubs told me on the way home that I'd have had to hold anything I purchased on my lap since the back was totally filled with Sarah's stuff.  I assured him I could have held another sewing machine all the way home if necessary.  Since we weren't stopping at the flea market, I talked him into stopping at the quilt shop in Jeff City.  
I purchased these 2 pieces of fabric, thinking I would make a table runner for my sister.  AND they weren't too heavy to hold on my lap on the way home!  When in doubt, fabric is always a safe purchase!
I have been working on getting these bonus half square triangles trimmed.  They are left from my April blue challenge.  There are 160 of them.  My goal was to do 10 a day, but I have only gotten 2 days worth done in the last week.  I just need a day at home to do nothing but sew!  Cici agrees!  

The kittens are growing.  I don't have any new pictures, but there are 3 of them sitting by the computer while I type.  I also have lettuce ready in my garden, but am not up to swimming out to get it just yet.  I am definitely ready for some sunshine!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment