About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Woopsie! Missed a Week!

I have changed my work schedule and was debating about changing my blog day, but have decided to still keep it on Mondays and try to actually write the blog on the weekend so that it's ready to go..........sounds like a plan, right?  We'll see if it works.

The last couple of weeks have been extremely busy.  I finished my semester at MVC and finished up my piano lessons with my students for the summer.  We are getting together to attend a performance of Beauty and the Beast at the Lyceum in June.  I was privileged to meet the parents of one of my college students.  Gabriel's parents had traveled from Brazil for his graduation.  His mom doesn't speak English and understood very little of the conversation, but likes to do crafts (she did recognize the word Joann's!).  She made this beautiful box and the soap inside.
 She did all the painting on this box!  I could never do that.  And these soaps are definitely too pretty to use!

My DD got home from college a week ago.  In less than 5 minutes after arriving, this was the picture I snapped.
Leia had missed her as well............
We have no idea why the top of her nose is so dirty!  Cici is not so sure about DD being home all summer.  They are acting like siblings, constantly irritating each other.  DD entertained herself with a balloon one morning this week.  She rubbed it all over Cici and then stuck it to her and watched her try to get away from it.


Poor Cici!  She finally got the balloon popped (which was quite a surprise to her).  She doesn't know that DD has a whole stash of balloons in the basement.  It could be a long summer for Cici.
DD has already gotten together with the BF a couple of times.  Are they the thorns, or the roses???
DD and I headed north to visit my parents for Mother's Day.  I helped my mom pick out fabrics for 3 different quilts.  DD drove her car since the grands hadn't seen her new car yet.  We stopped in Jamesport on the way up, not realizing they were having a festival in town.  We just went into one bulk foods store and skipped the fabric barn............can you believe it!
We also got behind lots of farm equipment.  DD was wishing for a mini cooper so we could just drive under this sprayer.

We also did a little fishing while we were there..........
 Grandma.........
and Grandpa............
Here I am with my mother and daughter on Mother's Day, on our way to the pond.
Aren't these flowers beautiful!
And my mom's garden..............no weeds!

This past week, I went with a couple of friends, Karen and Pam on a quilt shop hop.  We started at a new shop we had seen advertised in Pilot Grove, then on to Boonville and Columbia.  The Pilot Grove shop has $3/yard fabric.

It was great fun to dig and find the treasures!
Saturday was spent with quilt guild friends working on quilting projects.  I helped with some quilt basting.  I loved this little barn quilt I helped baste.

And this is our guild opportunity quilt ready to be quilted.  I'll have tickets available soon.  I also worked on the pieced border for my scrap basket blues quilt and started a new project.  Our scrap basket challenge color for May is pink.  At first, I thought I had no pink fabric to work with, but found some fat quarters so made 200 four patches.
These are the first step in a new quilt project.  But this is all the pink there will be!  

Earlier that morning, I had stopped by the fairgrounds to see some friends from Kansas who were showing goats.  Meet Brian, Dixie, and Kate, and Aspen and Chenille.  Don't you love their polka dot cover-ups!  Glad I got to visit with them a little.
And, of course, everyone is probably wondering about the Magnificent 7.............
Here are 3 of them........Hickory, Maggie, and Mollie (I think, Mollie and Millie look very much alike, so it's a little hard to tell them apart!)

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment