About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Sewing T-Shirts!

I keep seeing the coolest t-shirts pop up on facebook.........Here are a few of my favorites!









And my favorite............
I love the old vintage machines and designs of these t-shirts.  I'm thinking this may go on my Christmas list!  The link to the website to order is https://teespring.com/ifreemy.  Maybe one of these needs to be on your Christmas list as well!  

Stayed up late watching the Olympics last night.  This may be a problem later this afternoon when I go in to the local school district office to watch a video required of all substitute teachers.............the one about sexual offenders and students.............sounds lovely, doesn't it?  I'm planning to smuggle some handwork in to 1.  keep me awake, and 2.  not get me totally depressed (I'll probably need a chocolate malt from DQ on the way home).  I've seen the video 4 times already (required every year), and have the answers to the quiz questions memorized.  I figure I'm not getting paid for this time, so if I want to do hand sewing at the same time, it's just a way of putting the time to good use.

DD spent an hour or more of her time yesterday watching videos about sexual assault, bullying, and stalking that were required viewing by her college.  Yes, there was a quiz following.  She came away with one amazing statistic..........over half of all sexual assaults occur in the first semester of the freshman year.  This really makes a mother feel good about sending her daughter off to college!

On a much happier and delicious note, DH is grilling a pork tenderloin for lunch.  The marinade is a Paula Deen recipe:

1 pork tenderloin (2-2.5 lbs.)
Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T. dry red wine
1 T. honey
1 T. brown sugar
2 minced garlic cloves
1 t. fresh minced ginger
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 green onions, chopped, white and green parts

Combine marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag and add tenderloin.  Marinate overnight in the frig.  Remove tenderloin from marinade and pat dry.  Reserve the marinade.  Grill meat for 35-40 minutes over medium heat (or roast in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes).  Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch pieces.
Gently simmer reserved marinade in a small saucepan until it is reduced  to about 2 T., stirring occasionally.  Drizzle over each serving of meat.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment