About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Quilting projects and cats!

I'm so happy to have some quilting projects that are finished, or at least to the flimsy stage to share.
This was a kit I purchased from Red Button Quilts when my guild hosted a trunk show back in April.  The quarter is in the picture to show just how large (SMALL) this wall hanging is.  I hand quilted it myself (OLYMPICS project), and just got the binding and buttons done on Saturday.  It will probably go to one of my nephews at Christmas.  I have started a tradition of making one snowman wall hanging every year and giving it as a "bonus" gift at Christmas.  I still have a couple of nephews who haven't received one.



Here is a charity quilt I did for our Baby Grace project.  I had picked up the dinosaur and green fabrics from the sale room at Sew Sweet in Brunswick and this is what I came up with.  It has a nice soft flannel on the back.  Thanks to Mary for quilting this one!
And here is my flimsy.............meaning just the top is done.  I had seen this on a Missouri Quilt Company tutorial back in May and wanted to try it.  See what you can create with 1.25 yards of a striped fabric!  I'm now on the hunt for something interesting to go on the back.  Polka Dots???? This will probably be a charity quilt as well.
I love the almost 3 dimensional look it has and I was really venturing out of my fabric color wheelhouse on this one.  Fellow guild member Gina C. really liked this one.

And now for the cats..........
These are DD's kittens who probably aren't missing her as much as she is missing them while at college.  After we took her to school, several days went by without hearing from her.  I was trying to be a really good mom and not call, so one day I snapped this photo and texted it to her and within 5 minutes I got a phone call!  We definitely know how to get her to check in!

Here are the afternoon nap pictures I texted later and got another phone call as my reward!  Am I trainable or what!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment