About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Ugly Quilt

 WARNING:  The ugly quilt, that used any and all 1.5" strips of fabric is finished, photographed, and will appear at the end of this blog post.  You have until the end of the post to don your protective eyewear.

I have recently finished 3 of the quilts on my UFO list.  The first was my Woodbury Way low volume eye spy quilt.

David really likes this one.  It was fun to make and you can spy all sorts of things in it.  They were all 5" squares with little 1.75" solid squares in the corners.  It made a nice big quilt.

I also was the recipient of the  Round TUIT at the April guild meeting.  So, I had to get around to it and get something finished.  I chose my little maple leaves that I had made as a sew-along with Shelly Pagliai last fall. 


The leaves were made from scraps, so I took 1.5" scrap strips and turned them into log cabin blocks.

I had 39 little 3" leaves.  This used 36 of them, so 3 were tossed into the orphan bin.  I have some ideas on using those later.

I love how this turned out.  I'm planning to hang it in the living room this fall.  

And now.............do you have your protective eye wear?

This pattern is Bonnie Hunter's Bitcoin.  I used ALL of my 1.5" strips in this.


I sewed 2 strips together and then cut them into 2.5" segments and made them into ladders.  The ladders were sewn into strips - I chose to put 80 in a strip and made 36 strips.  This was the fun part.  The not-so-fun part was sewing the strips together and matching the 79 seams in each strip.  

Quilt Path, the computer program for my longarm just went through a big upgrade, so this was my first quilt to quilt on the new program.  I figured if I messed it up, no one would be able to tell on this quilt.

So, it's done.  And I don't have any 1.5" scrap strips left.  I have decided to call it Medusa....... for the obvious reason.  I hope you haven't turned to stone yet from looking at it.

Oh, and for those of you who are counting (or maybe just doing some math), let me help you.  There are 2,880 pieces (1"x2") in this one.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment