About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, May 13, 2022

Mother's Day

 I know I'm a little late with this, but I spent Mother's Day weekend at my parents' house in Bethany.  I hadn't been there since January.  I rode up with cousins on Friday and then David came up on Sunday.

Mom and I made this cute ladybug table runner on Mother's Day.  The hubster said he couldn't believe that with all the complaining I do about ladybugs, we made some to put on the table!

On Friday, we stopped at the Amish auction in Jamesport and I bought geraniums............A LOT of geraniums!  I planted all of Mom's planters and still have several to plant here at home.  We also helped replace boards on the picnic table and painted it, David helped clean the flue, and replaced some shingles that had blown off the roof.  

We also went mushroom hunting.  Mom found these 2 morels.

And Dad found this one.  I looked it up.  It's called a Wood Ear mushroom and is edible IF you cook it long enough.  We didn't even try it.


We also went to their neighbors to see their cute puppies.  


They also had baby chicks, geese, and goats!  

I delivered a couple of quilts to Mom and she managed to refill my tub with at least 6 more things to quilt...........and I still have 2 big quilts of hers here.  I have been spending more time quilting and have been knocking out some of my things.  I need to spend a morning measuring and cutting batting for her stuff and I also NEED TO SHOP for thread.  

It was a fun Mother's Day weekend!

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment