About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Quilting........some.

 After showing all of my things at our last quilt gathering, I went ahead and decorated for summer.  I made this wall hanging and pillow from some patriotic scraps I had.  I really like the pillow.


There is a matching table runner, and a patriotic basket with geraniums on the table.  Unfortunately, something keeps "happening" to the geraniums.  There is usually a little trail of geranium buds thru the house.


I spent some time processing a basket of scraps that had accumulated on the cutting counter.  This photo shows the pile after I had worked through about half of it.

I cut everything into usable strips and squares.  I had the idea that if I got rid of the basket, maybe this accumulation wouldn't happen and I would just process as I go.  It does free up some space.  We'll see how it works.

Esme found all of this effort exhausting!


I spent some time in the sewing room late last week.  I was able to stream the Iowa state high school track meet while I worked.  I was still using up some of the Halloween scraps for a table runner and a piano runner.


I also had a quilt of my Mom's on the long arm.  I love this pattern.  The backing fabric was a pale green and I used a warm gray thread.


The top was all different greens.


I really liked the back when I took it off.  The pattern was called Falling For You.


I also finished piecing this quilt from a layer cake I won (yes, these are not my normal colors!).  The fabric up at the top is the backing on the left and the binding on the right.  


And some more cat photos.............just because!



Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment