About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, April 8, 2022

Quilt Show! Not 1, but 2!

 What are you supposed to say when a friend calls you and asks, "Would you like to go to a quilt show in Hannibal on Saturday?"  There is really only one answer to this question......YES!  Then when she calls again and says there's also a quilt show in Mexico that same day...........YES!  DOUBLE THE FUN!

We traveled to Mexico and saw the quilt show there. We were supposed to vote for our favorite president's quilt, small quilt, and large quilt.

My pick for president's quilt.......





And large quilt......... This was a one block wonder quilt.  I have long been intrigued by these, but have never had the courage to try it.  Some of them look hideous in my opinion, but I loved this one.  I'm just not sure I have the artistic eye to pull it off.


And this was my pick for small quilt.....

Another that I enjoyed was this one..........they have it folded and  hung so that part of the backing is showing as well.

 
The designer visited Roswell, NM, home of the aliens and bought all the fabric for the quilt there.  


I loved the weird lights and aliens.......

And here is an Edyta Sitar Laundry Basket Mystery quilt.  

Below is my version of the same mystery quilt.  It's one of my favorites.  It's what I snuggle under while I watch TV unless I am binding a quilt and then I snuggle under the one I'm binding.

We also made a quick stop at a cute little quilt shop at the edge of Mexico (picked up a bargain scrap bag) before traveling to Hannibal.  

The Hannibal show was larger with more vendors.  Here are some of the quilts that caught my eye.


I would guess that the guild had a workshop on this turned fabric style.  This one with the witch applique was hands down the best of these.


So, this photo was taken to try and figure out how to sew the triangle strips.  It's going to take a little bit to figure out.


And the snowmen were just cute..........simple, but I really liked it.


And this one was just so eye-catching.  Maybe someday I will attempt something like this.


This was taken because of the way the 4-patches were used to make a striking quilt.


And there were several Vintage Farm Girl quilts, but this was by far the best.  Love the layout of the blocks in this one.


And a couple more that used 4-patches.  I also like the flying geese border in the one below.


Of course we shopped the vendors.  I bought some thread for the longarm and a roll of batting and just a little fabric.  Then we had a late lunch before checking out the 2 quilt shops in Hannibal and finished with a stop at the Dutch General Store for a FREE ice cream cone!  

The day was completed with a stop in Glasgow at Muddy Mo's Pizza, someplace I had been wanting to try.  It was delicious.

What a fun day!

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment