About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Spring has sprung..........hopefully!

I'm so ready for spring.  The first time I went to Walmart (and you know I try not to go there unless I absolutely HAVE to) and saw bulbs available, I snatched up a pot of what turned into pink tulips, my favorite.  I could tell they were tulips, but since none were close to blooming when I purchased them, the pink was a happy accident!  These were beautiful in front of the kitchen window, but I think David is transferring them outside today as they are kind of past the pretty stage.  He's been working in the yard and garden some and will probably plant potatoes today.

And it was also time to put away the St. Pats decor.............all 2 pieces of it!  This was a cute little table topper made from 1.75" half square triangles that finished at 1.25".  And now the Easter/spring decs are out.


 The Easter decs include this pillow made from more leftover half square triangles - this will be going to Sarah for Easter since the leftovers are from the quilt on her bed.


And this table topper made from leftover half square triangles from the heart table runner.


I was trying some things I had learned in the online quilt path class I had taken.  Some I liked and others I didn't, but it makes a cute spring table topper and Cici and Esme like to sit on it and block the view of the TV.


Saturday evening we met the Bentleys in Columbia at Como Smoke and Fire to celebrate David's and Charles' birthdays.  I finally got to meet my great nephew who was born in December.  He was a cutie!


And Saturday afternoon I stopped by some of my piano students' house to see their 3-week old golden doodle puppies!


Babies and Puppies all in the same blog!  Life can't get any better!


In the sewing room, I finished piecing this project.  It was part of a Missouri Star Triple Play tutorial using the equilateral triangle.  I couldn't seem to get a picture without a photo bomber!


And I had a request for a pumpkin wall hanging in a certain size, so this is what I came up with from scraps from my pumpkin quilt, pillows, and turkey wall hanging from last fall.


And remember that pear wall hanging?  Well I loaded it on the longarm, went downstairs to have lunch and came back to this.............Esme is sure this is a kitty hammock.  


She thought she was being so cute, but I didn't touch her, just reached for the nearest spray bottle and gave her a good squirt in the face!  Relaxing Lavendar Best Press!  She dashed away.


The relaxing part must have worked because I found her curled up on her pillow.  Not sure if the Best Press affected her "Cruella" hair or not. 


I adjusted the pears and got it quilted and bound and it's already hanging in the dining room.



Esme still thinks she's pretty cute.  We're working on not sleeping in the "Longarm Hammock".


And I finished binding the Christmas Village quilt.  So, I'm either late for Christmas 2021 or just really early for Christmas 2022............


This will be going on Sarah's bed for Christmas.  I'm looking forward to some quilting this weekend.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment