About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, April 9, 2022

News from the Farm

It's looking like spring today even though we had snow yesterday.  The Hubster is ready to head to the field, but it's been too cold and wet so far.  He did finish spreading anhydrous and now has about a weeks worth of spreading manure............or, recycled Purina Chow for those of you with delicate sensibilities.  Soon it will be a real sh*t show around here!  He weighed the 1200 pigs in the research barn this week and they averaged 101 lbs.  

Fortunately, Sarah is home this weekend to help entertain him.  We are taking a meal to his parents tonight for a family dinner with his brother and wife.  It was all hands on deck in the kitchen this morning.  David sliced the brisket and made the cole slaw.  Sarah put together the cheesy potatoes, and I started the rolls and glazed carrots.  I made a striped jello yesterday, so everything is prepped and ready to just pop in the oven later this afternoon.

Now they are both outside trying to fly the drone we got him for Christmas.  I was watching from the window for a bit and he was flying it with Sarah standing right beside him with the directions in her hand.  Sarah just popped in to say, "Dad is walking way across the field to pick up his drone."  Apparently he flew it out of range.  She finally decided to get the Stampede out and drive out to pick him up.   

And in the sewing room, I did get a quilt quilted this past week.  I had a little talk with Esme about behavior and not using the longarm as a hammock and I "showed" her the spray bottle again.  Does she look properly chastised?


Yes, we mean YOU!


While Lucey the Longarm was working, I started sewing the ladders of Bitcoin together.  Making the ladders was really fun, but I have to say that sewing the ladders together is NOT.  You match a seam every inch, which means there are 79 matching seams in each ladder you sew together.  I finally told myself to just set a goal of sewing 12 together at a time.  Do this 3 times and it's done! 


I also have to say that while Bitcoin was a great scrap user, it's not a very pretty quilt.  It's what one of my friends would call "Scrap Vomit".  I'm hoping that once it's all done and quilted it will look better.  I did get 12 strips together so am a third of the way there.  My goal is to have it complete to show at our May guild meeting.

After Merry Mayhem was quilted - without Esme's assistance - both Cici and Esme took turns holding it down for the binding.  


Here it is all complete!  Even the throw pillow is done!


I've also been working on a pattern by Laura Piland called Zest.


I still have to topstitch around the seeds.  I will put these together as a table runner.


Then I decided to adapt the pattern a little to make a slice of watermelon. 


And, I have finished 140 Fish School Blocks!  Now to figure out how I want to set them together.  I had a plan, but have seen another idea that I might like better, so am giving it a little time to percolate.  


And I finished all the blocks for my Woodbury Way low volume quilt.  I was planning to make mine smaller than the pattern, 14x16 blocks, but then was putting them on the design wall and realized that I have 2 more than what the pattern originally called for, so I guess I'm doing it the large size that was in the pattern.  My counting skills were WAY off!  Oh well, I least I didn't need to make more!


Well, it appears the wind picked up a little............the drone flyers are inside.  I'd say it's windy inside as well judging by the ravages of blocks that were ON my design wall last night.  The "wind" appears to have blown them off in the night.

We are looking forward to a Skype visit with Yuliya this afternoon.  It looks to be a beautiful weekend!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment